Overcooked.You can barely chew this.
火大了 都快咬不动了
He just laughs.
他就会笑
So how's the drumming going, Andy?
鼓打得怎么样 安迪
Yeah, it's going really well. I'm the new core drummer, so...
不错 我是新的主力鼓手 所以...
Tom Brady.
汤姆•布雷迪啊
Did you hear, Jim?
听说了吗 吉姆
No, what happened?
没有 怎么了
Trav got named this year's MVP.
特维被提名今年的最有价值球员
That's fantastic, Travis.
不错啊 特维斯
Yeah, and Dustin is heading up Model UN,soon to be Rhodes Scholar and who knows what else.And Jim, teacher of the year.
是的 达斯丁进了模拟联合国 很快就能拿罗氏奖学金或者别的什么了 而吉姆被评为年度教师
Well, hey, listen...I mean, come on. The talent at this table, that is stunning.
好吧 其实...桌边坐的全是天才 真不可思议
And Andy, with your drumming.
还有安迪 会打鼓
It's going okay, Andy?
怎么样 安迪
Yeah, it's going really, really well, actually.I'm part of Shaffer's top jazz orchestra,which means it's the best in the country.
还不错 一切都非常非常顺利 我进了谢弗最顶尖的爵士乐团 就是全国最好的 而且我是主力成员了
And I'm a core member so I'll start playing in competitions. Actually I just...I found out I'm the youngest person in the entire band.
开始参加比赛 我还...我还发现我是乐队里最年轻的
How do you know who wins in a music competition?Isn't it subjective?
音乐比赛要怎么评判呢 不是很主观吗
No. Does the studio get you a job?
不 录音室给你工作了吗
It's not an actual studio.It's the name of the ensemble,but it's a big step forward in my career.
它其实不是录音室 那只是乐团的名字 但这是我职业生涯中的一大步
I'm so glad you figured it out. It's a nasty business, I am sure.
很高兴你做到了 我知道这行水很深
Hey, are you gonna tell them about your game this week?Living up to your title.
你想不想谈谈这周的球赛 看看你是不是名副其实
I scored a 93-yard touchdown.School record, school record.
我打了个93码远的触底得分 新的校记录 新的校记录
Is that true? That's fantastic. It's Division Three.
真的吗 太棒了 对手是丙级的
It's Carlton football.It's not even Division Two, it's Division Three.
卡尔顿橄榄球队 连乙级都不是 是丙级的
You got any friends, Andy?
你有朋友吗 安迪
No.
Oh, why is that?
为什么
I don't know. I never saw the use.
不知道 我觉得朋友没什么用
Who are you gonna play with otherwise?Lennon and McCartney they were school buddies, am I right?
那你都跟谁一起玩 列侬和麦卡尼就是学生时代的好友 对吧
Charlie Parker didn't know anybody till Jo Jones threw a cymbal at his head.
查理•帕克就没有朋友 直到乔•琼斯把镲片砸到他头上
So that's your idea of success?
你觉得这就算成功吗
I think being the greatest musician of the 20th century is anybody's idea of success.
我觉得成为20世纪最伟大的音乐家对任何人来说都应该算成功
Dying broke and drunk and full of heroin at the age of 34 is not my idea of success.
34岁就因酗酒吸毒而身无分文地死去我可不觉得那算是成功
I'd rather die drunk, broke at 34 and have people at dinner table talk about me,than live to be rich and sober at 90 and nobody remember who I was.
我宁愿34岁就身无分文酗酒而死但能成为别人在饭桌上的谈资 也不要健康富有地活到90岁 却没人能记住我
But your friends will remember you, that's the point.
但你的朋友会记住你 这才是重点
None of us were friends with Charlie Parker. That's the point.
我们都不是查理•帕克的朋友吧 这才是重点
Travis and Dustin,they have plenty of friends and plenty of purpose.
你看特维斯和达斯丁 他们就既有朋友又有理想
I'm sure they'll make great school board presidents someday.
他们将来肯定能当好学生会主席的
That's what this is all about? You think you're better than us?
原来是为了这个吗 你觉得自己比我们强吗
Catch on quick. Are you in Model UN?
反应挺快啊 你是模联的吗
I got a reply for you, Andrew.You think Carleton football is a joke?Come play with us.
我来回答你 安德鲁 你觉得卡尔顿橄榄球队是个笑话吗 来跟我们打一场
Four words you will never hear from the NFL.
你永远不会听到职业球队这样邀请你
Who wants dessert? Heard from Lincoln Center?
谁想要甜点啊 林肯中心邀请你了吗