What was that?
怎么了
The faucet.
水龙头
It wouldn't shut up.
一直关不上
Did you sleep last night? No.
你晚上睡觉没,没
I'll call Nancy and tell her to call a plumber.
我会给南茜打电话,让她叫水管工
Absolute discretion. Can I count on that?
绝对保密,你可以保证吗
Always. Raymond Tusk.
一如既往,雷蒙德·塔斯克
The President wants to tap him as the new V.P.
总统想提名他做新的副总统
You and I cannot let that happen. Why not?
我们要阻止它发生,为什么
Because a third of his fortune is tied up in nuclear energy.
因为他有三分之一的财产倚靠核能源
Sancorp does not want a pro-nuclear businessman in the White House.
桑可柏公司不会愿意让一位沾过核能生意的商人入主白宫
The market is shifting toward natural gas anyway.
反正市场也正在转向天然气
But Tusk wants to stall that shift or reverse it.
但塔斯克想扭转这个局面
Vice President doesn't have that kind of influence.
副总统没有那么大的影响力
This one would. He and Walker are very close.
这一个会,他和沃克关系很密切
And it's in neither of our best interests
市场在紧缩,如果桑可柏公司失去自己的份额
to seep Sancorp's position in the marketplace diminished.
对你我都没有好处
What's the ask? Tusk won't accept the nomination
你想怎么样,塔斯克不会接受提名
if he thinks his holdings are at risk.
但当他认为自己的利益被威胁之后就不好说了
Sancorp needs to initiate a hostile takeover.
所以桑可柏要挑起一桩恶意兼并
He's worth three times what sancorp is.
他比桑可柏公司富有三倍
I'm talking about the subsidiaries.
我说的是子公司
We go after the companies that refine and ship the uranium,
我们去兼并那些提炼和运输铀的公司
the support system that... Come on, Frank.
供应系统... 拜托,弗兰克
There's stockholders to take into account,
巨大的财产披露
a huge financial exposure.
会把股东牵扯进去
We just need to distract him.
我们只需让他分心
Send a few token salvos and intimate there's more to come.
搞点象征性的假动作,暗示之后会更厉害
All I'm asking is that you speak to your client
我只要你去和你的客户谈一下
and see if this is something they might be willing to consider.
看其中是否有他们感兴趣的东西
The President announces Tusk on Friday,
总统会在周五宣布塔斯克的提名
so we don't have a lot of time.
我们时间不多了
I'll make some calls. Thank you, Remy.
我去打电话,谢谢,雷米
If he doesn't deliver, I'm an invader without an army.
如果他失败的话,我就是孤军奋战
If he does, I've got a fighting chance.
但如果他成功了,我就还有胜算
I just didn't feel that we could work together constructively any longer.
我只是觉得我们没法像以前那样一起工作了
I think that's a perfectly legitimate reason...
我觉得这个理由还算正当吧…
Of course it is.
当然
But what you can't do is fire someone for being pregnant.
但你不能解雇一个怀孕的员工
Is that what she's saying?
她这么说的吗
Ms. Cole claims that you said,
科尔夫人称,你对她说
quote, "I need employees, not mothers,"
原话 "我需要员工,而不是母亲"
and, quote, "go focus on your baby."
还有 "专心照顾孩子吧"