Evelyn Berman-Silverman's office.
艾芙兰伯嫚席佛曼办公室
Hi, Jennifer. It's Miles again.
嗨,珍妮佛。还是我,迈尔斯。
Oh, hi, Miles. Hi. - Let me see if I can get her. - Okay.
你好。迈尔斯,我看看她在不在. - 好
You're in luck. I'll put you through. - Okay.
你太幸运了,我帮你转接 - 好
Hi, Miles. - Hi, Evelyn. It's your favorite client.
你好。迈尔斯. - 你好,伊芙琳.是你最受宠的客户。
How's the trip?
你的旅行如何?
Oh, it's good, it's good. You know, we're drinking some good wines, kicking back.
还不错,我们喝了很多好酒 很轻松,非常好
It's very nice. - Right. - So what's happening? There's still no word, huh?
现在怎么样,还是没有消息吗?
Well, actually, there is word. I spoke to Keith Kurtzman this morning.
其实是有消息.我今天早上和凯斯顿谈过
Right. And? - And... they're passing.
嗯,然后呢? - 他们放弃出版
Conundrum's passing. He said they really liked it.
谜语出版社.他说他很喜欢 他们很希望能出版
They really wanted to do it, but they just couldn't figure out how to market it.
但是他们不知道该如何行销
He said it was a really tough call.
他说当时真的很难下这个决定
Oh. Right.- I'm sorry, Miles.
好吧。 - 对不起,麦斯
So I don't know where that leaves us.
我不知道我们接下来该如何
I'm not sure how much more mileage I can get out of continuing to submit it.
我不知道我继续…给出版社看著作,会有多大的作用
I think it's one of those unfortunate cases in the business right now.a-a fabulous book with no home.
我想这就是出版业的不幸案例.一本非常棒的书 但是找不到一个家
The whole industry's gotten gutless. It's not about the quality of the books anymore.It's only about the marketing.
整个产业都失去了胆识.这跟书本身的品质无关 而是跟行销有关