You know, can I ask you a personal question, Miles? - Sure.
你知道…我可以问你个私人问题吗?麦斯 - 当然
Why are you so into pinot? I mean it's like a thing with you.
你为什么那么喜欢皮诺?我的意思是,就好像你的一个特征一样。
Uh... I don't know. I don't know.Um... it's a hard grape to grow. As you know. Right?
我不知道…它是种很难种的葡萄 这你应该知道
It's, uh... It's thin-skinned...temperamental, ripens early.
它的皮薄、捉摸不定、早熟
It's... You know, it's not a survivor... like cabernet...
不像卡本内那么容易生存
which can just grow anywhere...and thrive even when it's neglected.
哪里都可以长 不理它,它也能长得很好
No, pinot needs constant care and attention. You know? And, in fact, it can only grow...
皮诺需要持续不停的照顾.事实上,适合它生长的地方…
in these really specific, little tucked-away corners of the world.
需要非常特殊 隐藏在世界上的某个小角落里
And... And only... the most patient and nurturing of growers can do it, really.
只有最有耐心,最有爱心的.栽种者才能成功的栽种它
Only somebody who really takes the time to understand pinot's potential...
只有最能了解皮诺潜力的人
can then coax it into its fullest expression.
才能让它发挥到极致
And then? I mean Oh, its flavors, they're just the most haunting and brilliant...
而且,最重要的是…它的味道实在是最萦绕于心 光鲜、兴奋和微妙
and thrilling and subtle and ancient on the planet.
像是这个星球上最原始的味道
No, I mean, you know, cabernets can be powerful and exalting too but they seem prosaic to me, for some reason, by comparison. I don't know. I don't know.
卡本内可以很有力量,使人兴奋.但是相较之下,它感觉较平凡 我不知道
What about you? - What about me?
那你呢? - 我怎么样?
I don't know. Why are you into wine?
你为什么那么迷葡萄酒?
Oh, l... I think l..I originally got into wine through my ex-husband.
我一开始对葡萄酒产生兴趣 是因为我的前夫
You know he had this bigsort of show - off cellar.You know? - Right.
你知道,他有一个很大的值得炫耀的酒窖。
But then I discovered that I had a really sharp palate.And the more I drank...
然后我发现我有非常敏锐的味蕾.我喝得越多
the more I liked what it made me think about.
越喜欢酒让我产生的感觉
Like what? - Like what a fraud he was.
像是什么? - 像是,他是个多大的骗子
No, I mean, I like to think about the life of wine. - Yeah.
我喜欢想像葡萄酒的生命周期 -是
How it's a living thing. I like to think about what was going on the year the grapes were growing...
它是个活的东西.我喜欢想想在葡萄种植的那一年 发生了什么事
how the sun was shining... if it rained.
太阳是怎么样的照射..是否有下雨
I like to think about all the people who tended and picked the grapes...
我喜欢想想所有照顾 和采收葡萄的人们
and, if it's an old wine, how many of them must be dead by now.
如果是一瓶老酒 那些人之中大概很多都去世了