97.Time for a Swim
97.是游泳的时候了
"Hey Joey, were you able to give Mikey a call?" Mary asked.
"嗨,乔伊,你给米奇打电话了吗?"玛丽问。
"Yeah. But he was getting ready for a date.
"打了,但他正在为一个约会做准备。
So he couldn't come. I did give Jeff a lift, though, so he's here!"
所以他过不来。不过,我让杰夫搭了便车,所以他来了! "
"Okay. Well, I guess we can begin the party.
"好的,我想我们可以开始我们的聚会了。
Do you want to get wet in the pool now or later?" Mary smiled.
你是想现在就到游泳池弄湿一下还是待会儿再说?"玛丽笑道。
"I got this new suit from a gift shop in the Adirondacks just in order to swim at this party!"
"我从阿迪朗达克一家礼品店买了这件新泳衣,就是为了能在这次聚会时游游泳!"
"Cool. Let's go! You dive first and I'll give you the thumbs-up if it was a good one!"
"太酷了,我们走吧!你先跳水,如果跳得好,我会对你竖大拇指的!"
When Mary dived, Joey gave her a thumbs-down!
玛丽跳了下去,乔伊做了个拇指朝下的动作。
"Aw, c'mon. Give me a break, that was a great dive!" Mary called from the water.
"哦!别!给我一次机会吧,我刚才跳得还不错!"玛丽在水里喊道。
"Give me another chance and I'll do an even better dive!"
"再给我一次机会,我会跳得更好的!"
After Joey gave Mary a helping hand, she stepped to the board again.
乔伊帮了玛丽一把,她又走到了跳台上。
"Now concentrate, Mary," Joey yelled jokingly. "Rise above yourself and pretend you're an Olympic diver..."
"集中精力,玛丽乔伊开玩笑说。"自以为是一点儿,假装你是奥运选手……"
"Shut up!" she laughed back.
"你闭嘴!"她笑着回敬道。
After giving a thumbs-up, Joey gave her a hand again with getting out of the pool!
乔伊竖起大拇指,然后把她从游泳池扶了上来!
"Good job!" Joey said.
"你真棒!"乔伊说。
"And you are gifted with a flair for teasing! Or at least the ability to give a false color to your statements!"
"你真有戏弄别人的天分!至少你有歪曲事实的能力!"
They both laughed.
他们俩都笑了。
"I know, I know. Here let's sit down. I don't want to swim yet.
"我知道,我知道。我们坐下吧。我还不想游泳。
Oh, here's the gift catalog you lent me last week.
啊,这是你上星期借给我的礼品目录。
I didn't find anything I like. But I do like your swimsuit.
我没有找到我喜欢的东西,但我真的喜欢你的游泳衣。
Where was that gift shop again?"
你说那个礼品店是在什么地方来着?"