When I woke again the next day I noticed I was in a strange green room with no windows and very bright lights.
第二天再次苏醒时,我发现自己是在一个奇怪的绿色房间里,房间没有窗户,光线却非常明亮。
It was an intensive care cubicle in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
这里是伊丽莎白医院的重症医疗区。
Everything was very clean and shiny, not like the hospital in Mingora.
里面的一切都相当干净而光洁,完全不像明戈拉的医院。
A nurse gave me a pencil and a pad.
一名护士给了我一支笔和一个便签本。
I couldn't write properly. The words came out wrong.
但我没办法写好字,写出来的字都歪七扭八。
I wanted to write my father's phone number. I couldn't space letters.
我想写下父亲的电话号码,但写出来的字母全都黏在一起。
Dr Javid brought me an alphabet board so I could point to the letters.
贾维德医生拿了一个字母板,让我可以用手指出字母。
The first words I spelt out were 'father' and 'country'.
我最开始拼出来的字母是“父亲”和“国家”。
The nurse told me I was in Birmingham, but I had no idea where that was.
护士告诉我,我现在人在伯明翰,但我并不知道伯明翰在哪里。
I didn't know what had happened.
我不知道发生了什么事。
The nurses weren't telling me anything. Even my name. Was I still Malala?
护士什么都不告诉我,就连我叫什么名字也不说。我还是马拉拉吗?
My head was aching so much that even the injections they gave me couldn't stop the pain.
我头痛欲裂,甚至连护士帮我打了针都无法舒缓这种疼痛。
My left ear kept bleeding and my left hand felt funny.
我的左耳不停出血,我感觉自己的左手怪怪的。
Nurses and doctors kept coming in and out.
护士和医生不停地来来去去。
The nurses asked me questions and told me to blink twice for yes.
护士们问我很多问题,她们告诉我用眨两次眼的方式表达“是”的意思。