Meg: Hey, Todd. Are you healthy? Do you eat lots of fruits and vegetables?
梅格:嘿,托德。你健康吗?你经常吃水果和蔬菜吗?
Todd: I guess I am healthy. I do eat lots of fruits and vegetables, but I also eat junk food, sadly. But I try to eat lots of fruits especially to stay healthy.
托德:我认为我很健康。我的确经常吃水果和蔬菜,不过我也吃垃圾食品。但是我尽量吃大量的水果以保持健康。
Meg: What kind of fruits do you like to eat?
梅格:你喜欢哪种水果?
Todd: Well, I like all fruits. I love all fruits except pineapple. I hate pineapple. I don't know why. I just don't like pineapple. I don't like the taste. I don't like to chew it. It just feels funny. But I love apples, I love bananas, I love oranges. I usually have an apple every morning for breakfast. It's very easy to eat. And I just love apples because you can take them to school. You can eat them quickly. They're very easy to eat. I also like oranges, and I love orange juice. So sometimes, I make fresh orange juice in my kitchen. So oranges are great. But my favorite fruits are bananas and strawberries. I love bananas and strawberries. And I love to eat bananas and strawberries together, so my favorite snack is to cut up some banana and then cut up some strawberry and mix them together, and then eat them.
托德:我喜欢所有的水果。除了菠萝,所有水果我都喜欢。我讨厌菠萝。我也不知道原因。我只是不喜欢菠萝。我不喜欢菠萝的味道。我不喜欢咀嚼菠萝的感觉。那让我感觉很好笑。不过我喜欢苹果、香蕉和橙子。通常,我每天早饭会吃一个苹果。很方便。我喜欢苹果,是因为我可以把苹果带去学校。苹果很快就可以吃完。而且很方便。我还喜欢橙子,我也喜欢橙汁。有时我会在厨房里榨新鲜的橙汁喝。橙子非常不错。不过我最喜欢的水果是香蕉和草莓。我喜欢香蕉和草莓。我喜欢香蕉和草莓一起吃,我最喜欢的小吃就是把香蕉和草莓切碎,然后混在一起吃。
Meg: Well, it sounds like you really a lot of fruits.
梅格:嗯,听起来你喜欢的水果很多。
Todd: Oh yeah, I do.
托德:对,没错。
Meg: What about vegetables? Do you eat vegetables everyday?
梅格:那蔬菜呢?你每天都吃蔬菜吗?
Todd: I do. I try to have a salad everyday, and I have a special salad I make and I call it my chunky, crunchy salad. And it's carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes, and I cut the carrots and cucumbers into small little squares. And then I cut up the tomatoes and I mix together. And the carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers mixed together, the colors are really pretty. And when you eat the salad, it's very crunchy and it's very chunky because it's all little squares. So I call it my crunchy, chunky salad.
托德:对。我尽量每天都吃蔬菜,我吃的沙拉很特别,我称之为块状爽脆沙拉。沙拉里有胡萝卜、黄瓜和蕃茄,我把胡萝卜和黄瓜切成小块儿。然后把蕃茄切碎,把它们混合在一起。把胡萝卜、蕃茄和黄瓜混合在一起,颜色非常漂亮。这种沙拉吃起来非常爽脆,而且是块状的,因为我把它们都切成了小块。所以我称之为块状爽脆沙拉。
Meg: That sounds delicious. Do you ever share it with someone else?
梅格:听上去很好吃。你和其他人分享过吗?
Todd: No, I don't but I want to because I really, I like it so much and I can't cook. So when I go to somebody's house and I need to bring food, I think, "Oh, I should bring chunky, crunchy salad."
托德:没有,不过我很想和其他人分享,因为我非常喜欢这个沙拉,而且我不太会做饭。我去别人家要带食物的时候,我会想“哦,我应该带我的块状爽脆沙拉过来”。
Meg: Hmm, that's a good idea. Another idea is to cook some vegetables. Do you cook vegetables?
梅格:嗯,那是个不错的主意。还有一个不错的想法,那就是炒菜。你炒菜吗?
Todd: Not too much. I do cook asparagus. Asparagus is probably my favorite vegetable, and it's very easy to cook because asparagus, you just have to cut up into small pieces. And then you can put the asparagus in a bowl with some water in the microwave, and you can cook asparagus in about 30 seconds. So I eat asparagus a lot. Also, I eat broccoli. I love broccoli. Sometimes I have broccoli and lettuce together for my salad. And then sometimes, I cook eggplant. I like to cook eggplant because I like the taste and it's easy to cook.
托德:一般不炒。我会烹饪芦笋。芦笋可能是我最爱的蔬菜了,而且烹饪起来很方便,把芦笋切成小块,然后把它们放在碗里,加水之后放进微波炉里,只需要30秒芦笋就烹饪好了。所以我经常吃芦笋。我也吃西兰花。我喜欢西兰花。有时我也会在沙拉里放西兰花和莴苣。有时,我会做茄子吃。我喜欢烹饪茄子,因为我喜欢茄子的味道,而且茄子也很容易烹饪。
Meg: I don't really like eggplant.
梅格:我不太喜欢茄子。
Todd: Really?
托德:真的吗?
Meg: I don't.
梅格:我不喜欢。
Todd: Oh no. Why not?
托德:不是吧。为什么?
Meg: It has a strange flavor to me, so I prefer not to eat eggplant.
梅格:我觉得茄子有股奇怪的味道,我不喜欢吃茄子。
Todd: Well, as long as you eat your veggies.
托德:嗯,你只要吃你的蔬菜就好了。
Meg: Yes.
梅格:对。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载