Valeria: For example in Argentina if it is raining, it's like you change your schedule a little, right?
瓦莱里娅:在阿根廷,如果下雨的话,就要稍微改变一下行程安排,对吧?
Diego: Yeah.
迭戈:对。
Valeria: Because of the rain, because it's not like every day raining. But here you have to do everything under the rain.
瓦莱里娅:因为不是每天都下雨。不过在这里,就要顶着雨做事了。
Diego: Yeah, but at the same time it, everything is made and it's built to kind of you know work with the rain.
迭戈:对,不过这里的一切都是为了应对在下雨天工作而准备的。
Valeria: Yeah, for instance, the clothes, right?
瓦莱里娅:没错,比如衣服,对吧?
Diego: Yeah, the clothes and all the facilities, you know everything is made for that.
迭戈:对,衣服,还有所有的设施,你知道所有的东西都是为了应对天气设计的。
Valeria: It's preparing for having a lot of water.
瓦莱里娅:为了应对大量的雨水而准备的。
Diego: Yeah, exactly. If you have, I don't know, two or three days in a row that it's raining in Chile, we will have serious problems.
迭戈:没错。如果智利连续下两三天雨,那我们就会面临严重的问题。
Valeria: The same happens in Argentina.
瓦莱里娅:阿根廷也是如此。
Diego: Floods and that would be an issue so for me the weather thing is I like rain, just a little bit.
迭戈:可能会引发洪水等问题,对我来说,我喜欢下雨,但是不喜欢雨水太多。
Valeria: Yeah, from time to time it's really nice.
瓦莱里娅:对,偶尔下点雨还是很好的。
Diego: Yeah, exactly.
迭戈:对,没错。
Valeria: And enjoyable.
瓦莱里娅:很享受。
Diego: Yeah.
迭戈:对。
Valeria: But every day? Yes, it's true. The thing is that the weather is changing, right?
瓦莱里娅:可是每天下雨?没错,问题是天气很多变,对吧?
Diego: Yeah.
迭戈:对。
Valeria: And the infrastructure of my country wasn't prepared for this weather.
瓦莱里娅:我们国家的基础设施并没有准备好应对这种天气。
Diego: That's true.
迭戈:没错。
Valeria: So if it rains a couple of days in a row, sometimes the city collapses.
瓦莱里娅:如果连续下几天雨,城市可能就毁了。
Diego: That's true. A lot of cities in Latin America have the same problem. They're poorly constructed and for that specific thing and we have a lot of problems especially with poor people. So when you talk about the weather I think it's not only your personal thing, sometimes you have to consider a couple of other factors as well.
迭戈:没错。拉美很多城市都有同样的问题。这些城市构造不佳,而且由于贫穷人口,我们有很多问题。所以在谈论天气时,我认为这并不是个人的事,也要考虑许多其他的因素。
Valeria: And the public transport?
瓦莱里娅:公共交通呢?
Diego: Yeah, I think that's another issue because for us public transportation is just a complete mess.
迭戈:对,我认为公共交通是另一个问题,我们认为公共交通完全是一团糟。
Valeria: There are a lot of public transport in Argentina but the thing is that all the infrastructure is not prepared for a lot of rain so when it happens sometimes the subway should stop for a couple of hours and that is very annoying.
瓦莱里娅:阿根廷有很多公共交通工具,但是问题是所有的基础设施都没有为多雨天气做准备,所以当连续下雨时,地铁就会停运几小时,这令人非常恼火。
Diego: Because it changes the whole schedule, right?
迭戈:因为这会改变整个行程计划,对吧?
Valeria: Yes, definitely.
瓦莱里娅:没错。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载