=====精彩回顾===
Study: Tall men earn more money than shorter colleagues
个子高的挣钱多?
From knives to size, it turns out my tiny salary's in direct relation to my tiny self. According to a study of nearly 7,000 men and women by the Australian National University which is in Australia.
事实证明,我微薄的薪水和我矮小的身高有关 。根据澳大利亚国家大学对近7000名男女进行的意向调查,这一点是成立的 。
Really?
为什么?
An extra couple of inches can add nearly 820 dollars per year to one's salary, says Professor Leigh of these anti-tiny findings. "Perhaps it's because of this discrimination with shorter people getting the same treatment in the labor market (as) women and minorities have experienced in the past." The worst part is short men are way smarter than minorities and women. Combine that time 12. I don't know what I am saying.
身高每高两英寸,年薪就会增加820美元 。Leigh教授表示 。他的研究得出了这些对矮小体型不利的结论 。“或许这是因为对身材较矮小的人的歧视导致他们在就业市场遭遇了与女性和少数民族过去同样遭遇的不幸 。”最糟糕的是,矮小的人比少数民族和女性多的多,大概是12倍的样子 。我不知道我在说什么 。
Ann, you are super tall. If you were short, do you think you would be less successful?
Ann,你的个子非常高 。如果你比较矮的话,你认为你还有这么成功吗?
Especially short and heavy?
尤其是又矮又肥?
Yeah.
是的 。
Apparently.
显而易见不会这么成功 。
Yeah. Good. That's a direct insult at me.
是的,很好 。这对我来说是直截了当的侮辱 。
Short and heavy shabby. They are very misery-presented group.
又矮又胖的家伙 。他们是非常痛苦的群体 。
But I think you're making too much of this, but short men also save money on things like dating.
但是我认为你们顾虑的太多了 。矮小的男性在约会等方面更容易省钱 。
Clearly unnecessary. Short men…but a short man also are more sucessful, because they try harder, because they are short.
这不一定 。矮小的男人更容易成功,因为他们比较矮小,他们会更努力 。
Are you taking this story a little too personal?
你们这个话题是不是太个人了?
I pitched this story. I wanted to leave the show with this story.
我竭力向大家推荐一个故事,然后就离开节目 。
He was two of the sources in that story.
他是故事中两个人物之一 。
This story was made up by me. I wrote about it in the bathroom and then I published it on my own blog.
这个故事是我编撰的 。是我在浴室中写的,发表在自己的博客上 。
It's not a coincidence that the other of that story is Breg Butt-feld. Do the maths.
这个故事的另外一个人物是Breg Butt-feld,这并不是巧合 。
Yeah. Carl, will there be a day that short people can sue for discrimination?
是的,卡尔 。是否有一天身材矮小的人可以因受到歧视而投诉?
Well, you can hope, the thing. But think about it this way, it's only 1.5%, you know, say, screw the 1.5%, take the big settlement. On the other hand, you shouldn't go fret,Greg,I mean, with the passing of Cronkite, you have moved up the ladder as a journalist. We all think of you as a giant. You are the giant.
你可以希望如此 。但是你要这样想,只有1.5%的比例,吝啬的1.5%,最终会和解 。另一方面,你不应该焦虑,我的意思是,随着克朗凯特的上台,你已经顺利成为一名记者 。我们都认为你是一位大人物,确实是大人物 。
Thank you very much. God knows I need a ladder. A very short man. Hey, you know, Barret, I gotta move on. But I want to ask, you don't date short people, do you?
非常感谢 。上帝知道,我确实需要一架梯子 。我非常矮小 。你知道,我要继续其他话题了 。但是我还想问一个问题,你不会约会身材矮小的人,是吗?
I do. I totally date short people.
不,我约的都是比较矮的人 。
Oh, you do not.
哦,你才没有 。
Yes, I have. I've dated a short man.
有,我曾经约过一个比较矮的人 。
Name a short person you dated.
说出一个你曾经约过得比较矮的人的名字 。
..... A menu, I will do it.
我会的 。