手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > 美语情景对话 > 正文

美语情景对话 第275期:Walkabout 流浪

编辑:Aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Aaron, sometimes I hear from Australians, the term, have a walk-about, or walk-about!
  • 亚伦,有时我会听澳大利亚人说到“流浪”这件事!
  • A walk-about is an aboriginal word.
  • 流浪是澳大利亚土著语。
  • It basically, means an aboriginal boy, when he is growing up goes for a long walk, maybe for twelve months,
  • 大意是说,一个土著男孩长大以后,会去远行,可能会用12个月的时间,
  • and he doesn't see his family and he has to live off the land.
  • 这期间他不会和家人见面,而且要以土地为生。
  • He can't, he doesn't have money so he can't buy food,
  • 他不能,他没有钱,所以他不能刚买食物,
  • he can't buy anything, and he just hunts for food.
  • 他什么也买不了,他只能去打猎来获取食物。
  • It's not so common now, and I've never had to do it,
  • 现在这种情况不是很常见,我从来没有做过这种事,
  • but it's more of an old story from the aborigines who tell you about a walk-about.
  • 这很像土著讲的老故事,他们会告诉你有关流浪的事情。
  • Do you know anybody who's ever done it?
  • 那你认识做过这件事的人吗?
  • No, I've never know anybody to do it,
  • 不,我认识的人都没有做过,
  • but I don't know if it's a true story or,
  • 不过我不太清楚这不是真实的故事,
  • I don't think it's common now,
  • 我认为现在并不常见,
  • but maybe in the old days, maybe a hundred years ago,
  • 不过可能在过去,也许几百年以前,
  • it was common for them to do it, but now they don't.
  • 这种事很常见,不过现在没有人做了。
  • So, there's lots of different aboriginal people in Australia.
  • 那,澳大利亚有许多种不同的土著。
  • Where does, which aboriginal tribe does this come from, or group?
  • 这个来自于哪个土著部落呢?
  • OK, I'm not sure what tribe it comes from
  • 嗯,我不能确定这来自哪个部落,
  • but the aboriginals in the Northern Territories, which is all desert are probably the most famous for it,
  • 不过在全是沙漠的北部领土的土著人以“流浪”而闻名,
  • near Darwin and the top end we way, the north of Australia,
  • 那里位于达尔文市附近,澳大利亚最北端,
  • where it's very mountainous, and you could walk for a year, and never find your way anywhere.
  • 那里属于山区,你可能走上一年,会找不到路的。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Todd: Aaron, sometimes I hear from Australians, the term, have a walk-about, or walk-about!

托德:亚伦,有时我会听澳大利亚人说到“流浪”这件事!
Aaron: A walk-about is an aboriginal word. It basically, means an aboriginal boy, when he is growing up goes for a long walk, maybe for twelve months, and he doesn't see his family and he has to live off the land. He can't, he doesn't have money so he can't buy food, he can't buy anything, and he just hunts for food. It's not so common now, and I've never had to do it, but it's more of an old story from the aborigines who tell you about a walk-about.
亚伦:流浪是澳大利亚土著语。大意是说,一个土著男孩长大以后,会去远行,可能会用12个月的时间,这期间他不会和家人见面,而且要以土地为生。他不能,他没有钱,所以他不能刚买食物,他什么也买不了,他只能去打猎来获取食物。现在这种情况不是很常见,我从来没有做过这种事,这很像土著讲的老故事,他们会告诉你有关流浪的事情。
Todd: Do you know anybody who's ever done it?
托德:那你认识做过这件事的人吗?
Aaron: No, I've never know anybody to do it, but I don't know if it's a true story or, I don't think it's common now, but maybe in the old days, maybe a hundred years ago, it was common for them to do it, but now they don't.
亚伦:不,我认识的人都没有做过,不过我不太清楚这不是真实的故事,我认为现在并不常见,不过可能在过去,也许几百年以前,这种事很常见,不过现在没有人做了。
Todd: So, there's lots of different aboriginal people in Australia. Where does, which aboriginal tribe does this come from, or group?
托德:那,澳大利亚有许多种不同的土著。这个来自于哪个土著部落呢?
Aaron: OK, I'm not sure what tribe it comes from but the aboriginals in the Northern Territories, which is all desert are probably the most famous for it, near Darwin and the top end we way, the north of Australia, where it's very mountainous, and you could walk for a year, and never find your way anywhere.
亚伦:嗯,我不能确定这来自哪个部落,不过在全是沙漠的北部领土的土著人以“流浪”而闻名,那里位于达尔文市附近,澳大利亚最北端,那里属于山区,你可能走上一年,会找不到路的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
excellence ['eksələns]

想一想再看

n. 优秀,卓越,优点

 
mural ['mjuərəl]

想一想再看

adj. 墙壁的,挂在墙壁上的 n. 壁画

联想记忆
mountainous ['mauntinəs]

想一想再看

adj. 多山的,如山一般的

联想记忆
population [.pɔpju'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 人口 ,(全体)居民,人数

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。