Will laughed too,but he said,Ben,you must be careful.
威尔也笑了起来,但他说道:本,你可要小心呀。
You don't want the King to be your enemy.
你不想与国王为敌吧!
Don't forget that he pays twice as much as Queen Elizabeth did—and sees twice as many plays.
别忘了,国王付的报酬是伊丽莎白女王的两倍——看的戏也是她的两倍。
Money?'shouted Bed.He loved to argue about anything.
钱?本大叫起来,他很爱争论事情。
We're poets and actors,not businessmen!What does money matter?
我们是诗人,是演员,不是生意人!钱有什么用?
It puts bread and meat in your stomach,and a coat on your back,said Will,drinking his beer.
钱可以使你有面包和肉果腹,有衣穿,威尔喝了一口啤酒,
And you're the first to shout if you haven't got any money.
说道,要是没钱的话,你会第一个破口大骂的!
Ben banged his beer glass on the table.
本把啤酒杯砰地放在桌上。
Now listen,Mr William Shakespeare of Stratford,with your fine big house and your expensive horses,you wrote in your play King Lear that money was—
现在听着,斯特拉福镇的威尔·莎士比亚先生,你不就拥有堂皇的居宅,高价的马匹吗?你在《李尔王》一剧中不是写道钱是—
Oh,do stop it,you two!John Heminges said.
呕,你们两个都住嘴吧!约翰·海明劝道,
He turned to talk to me,but a few minutes later Ben was arguing about another of Will's plays.
然后便转身和我谈话。不过几分钟后,本又在评论威尔的另一部戏剧。