My solitary viewpoint.
这是我个人对于。
Of a world I knew almost nothing about.
完全陌生的世界的看法。
Well, let’s talk about.
那我们就来谈谈。
What you say you do know about.
你熟知的事物吧。
Historical times.
历史年代。
Don’t encourage him.
他会越说越来劲的。
Edith.
伊迪斯。
Next few thousand years, it got warmer.
之后的几千年气候变得温暖了。
A few thousand years.
几千年?
See, now, I know you’re guessing.
看吧,我就知道你在猜。
You can’t get there from here, art.
历史纪元无法确切考证安特。
Well then, pray, continue.
那拜托 继续。
We hunted reindeer, mammoths.
我们狩猎驯鹿,猛犸象。
Bison, horses.
野牛,野马。
The game retreated northward.
狩猎活动向北方延展。
As the climate changed.
随着气候的变化。
You got the idea of growing food.
你们想到了用播种。
Rather than gathering it.
代替采摘。
Raising animals rather than hunting them.
用圈养代替狩猎。
Am-Am I getting warm, here?
感兴趣了吗?
I bet I am.
我打赌。
Lakeside living becomes commonplace.
渐渐地依水而居。
Fishing, fowling Come on!
捕鱼,猎鸟拜托。
John, this is out of any textbook.
John 这些教科书上都有写。
Even yours.
你的书里也有。
You got most of it right.
你大部分说对了。
Eventually I headed to the east.
其实我往东面走去了。
I’d grown curious about the world.
我对世界产生了好奇。
I’d gotten the hang of going it alone.
我得掌握独立生存的能力。
Learning how to fit in when I wanted to.
有需要的时候 学习着融入社会。
East.
东面。
Towards the rising sun?
朝向太阳升起的地方?
Yes. I thought it might be warmer there.
是的 那时候觉得那里会暖和点。