特别声明:
该节目由可可原创,部分对白由可可该译。
视频出处:
本期视频出于《唐顿庄园》第一季第一集。
影视片花:
中英对白:
Violet: Unfortunately, now...
可是不幸的是,现在......
Cora: Now a complete unknown man has the right to pocket my money along with the rest of the swag!
一个陌生人倒有权拿走我的钱和其余的家产。
Violet: The problem is——saving your dowry would break up the estate.
问题是保住你的财产,就会丢掉这庄园。
It would be the ruin of everything Robert's given his life to.
那Robert一生的心血就全毁了。
Cora: And he knows this?
他清楚这些吗?
他若不知,以后便会明白。
Cora: Then there's no answer.
那还是没有办法。
Violet: Yes, there is, and it's a simple one. The entail must be smashed in its entirety and Mary, recognised as heiress of all.
有办法,很简单——打破限定继承,彻底取消,Mary继承全部家产。
Cora: There's nothing we can do about the title.
爵位还是无法保住。
Violet: No, she can't have the title. But she can have your money and the estate.
没错,她不能继承爵位,但她会保住你的钱,还有这个庄园。
Violet: I didn't run Downton for 30 years to see it go, lock, stock and barrel to a stranger from God knows where.
我苦心经营唐顿30年,可不是为了让不知打哪儿钻出来的人一锅端。
Cora: Are we to be friends, then?
那我们是朋友了?
Violet: We are allies, my dear. which can be a good deal more effective.
亲爱的,我们是同盟,同盟办事效率更高。