You already had your fitting? -We’re on our way.
你试装了吗? -我们这就去.
Here’s the seating chart and Spencer’s list of groomsmen.
这是座位表和斯宾塞家的佣人名单.
Oh, I almost forgot.
哦,差点儿忘了.
I spoke to him about reading the poem. He’d rather not. I said all right.
我让他朗读诗歌,他不情愿. 我说好吧.
Excuse us for a second, Joan.
失陪一下, 琼.
A good wife lets her husband think that everything’s his idea...
一位好的妻子应该让她的丈夫 觉得每件事都出自他的想法...
even when it’s not. -I don’t care if he reads it.
甚至当不是的时候. -我才不在乎他是否朗诵.
You will in retrospect.
你会后悔的.
Now, why don’t you see if you can’t nudge the idea into his head.
那么,为何让我们不看看 你是否能把这个念头灌输给他.
I’ve been here now for 21 years, Jocelyn.
我已经在这里21年了,乔斯林.
I remember you as a student. -Twenty-four, if you count that.
我还记得你上学时的样子. -是24年,如果你要计算的话.
So why the theatrics?
那么为何要把事情搞大?
We cannot appear to promote sexual promiscuity.
我们不能表现出对乱交无所谓的样子.
Okay. It’s about appearances, then? No.
好吧. 那么只是事关表面? 不会再发生了.
All right, all right.
可以的, 可以的.
All right. Well, I promise not to appear to be sympathetic, progressive...
没问题. 我可以保证不再显得 赞同她们和激进的...
or what did Mrs. Warren call it? "Liberal." ...
或者就如沃伦小姐 所言? "慷慨的."
Scout’s honor.
我发誓.
I spent the better part of Friday afternoon convincing the alumnae...
我用了周五下午大部分光阴 来说服校董会...
that your record was impeccable... ...
你的记录是清白的...
that you would no longer provide contraceptive devices... ...
你不会再提供避孕套...
and you’d make a public statement to that effect. ...
并会对此后果发表公开声明.