Come on, ladies. There’s no wrong answer.
好吧, 女士们. 既然没人反对.
There’s also no textbook telling you what to think.
课本外的知识亦能有助于你们的思考.
It’s not that easy, is it?
不容易接受, 是吗?
All right. No. It’s not good.
哦不. 它很糟糕.
In fact, I wouldn’t even call it art. It’s grotesque.
实际上, 我甚至不愿称它为艺术. 如此怪诞丑陋.
Is there a rule against grotesque art?
有法则规定怪诞丑陋的便不是艺术了?
I think there’s something aggressive about it...
我觉得这里面富于侵略性...
and erotic. -To you, everything is erotic.
和色情. -对你们来说, 任何事情都是色情的.
Everything is erotic. -Girls.
任何事物都与色情有关. -女孩们.
Aren’t there standards? -Of course.
难道存在标准吗? -当然.
Otherwise a tacky velvet painting could be equated to a Rembrandt.
否则,艳俗的天鹅绒画亦可 等同于伦伯朗的杰作.
My Uncle Ferdie has two tacky velvet paintings. He loves those clowns.
我的叔叔费迪就有两张俗气的天鹅绒画. 他爱死它们了.
There are standards, technique, composition, color, even subject.
艺术是有标准的,需要技巧的, 讲究构图,色彩,以及主题.
So if you’re suggesting that rotted side of meat is art...
因此如果你告诉我们这块腐烂的肉 也算艺术的话...
much less good art, then what are we going to learn?
更别提还是艺术杰作, 那么究竟我们要学什么?
Just that.
就是这个.
You have outlined our new syllabus, Betty. Thank you.
贝蒂,感谢你为我们概述了新的教学大纲,
What is art? What makes it good or bad?
什么是艺术? 怎样区分孰优孰劣?
And who decides?
由谁来判定?
Next slide, please.
请翻下一张.
Twenty-five years ago someone thought this was brilliant.
25年前有人认为这张画精彩绝伦.