迷你对话:
A:Please tell us the exact time when the big fire broke out.
请告诉我们大火发生的确切时间
。B:The exact time? Let me think. You know, it happened at night.
确切时间?让我想一想
。你知道,火灾是晚上发生的 。A:But we need the exact time. What time?
但我们需要具体时间,那是几点钟
。B:Oh, I remember. It was about 10 o'clock. When I was about to go to bed, suddenly I heard "help" outside.
噢,我想起来了
。那时大约10点钟 。当我正准备上床睡觉时,突然听到门外有人喊“救命” 。地道表达:
break out
小编讲解:
突发的事件常令人措手不及,而突然出现在脸上,身上的东西也会叫人不知如何是好,出现在脸上的一般是指青春痘或是红疹之类的,它们通常是生活失常或紧张的情绪下产生的
。短语break out包括的范围有两种:一种是指“突发的战争,争论,打架等”,另一种则是指“突然出现的青春痘等” 。支持范例:
Eg.He predicted that war would break out in the next few years.
他预言战争将在下几年中爆发
。Eg.A huge forest fire broke out after the lightning struck.
闪电打下来之后,突然引起一场森林大火
。Eg.I break out in a rash if I eat chocolate.
我一吃巧克力, 就出皮疹
。Eg.The thought made him break out in a cold sweat.
这么一想,他轰的一下冒了汗!
Eg.This made me break out in a cold sweat.
这吓得我出了一身冷汗
。词海拾贝:
1.be about to do something:正准备去做某事
Eg.She was about to dish up when some guests came.
她刚要上菜开饭,这时来了一些客人
。Eg.As she was about to speak, I frowned her down.
她刚要开口,我就皱皱眉示意她别出声
。2.at night:在深夜
Eg.He warned me against going there at night.
他警告我晚上不要到那去
。Eg.They decided to attack at night.
他们决定夜晚进攻
。Eg.It is a bad habit to sit up late at night.
熬夜是个坏习惯
。3.go to bed:去睡觉,就寝
Eg.I shall have a hot bath and go to bed.
我要去洗个热水澡,然后睡觉
。Eg.There is nothing to do, so I may as well go to bed.
没什么事可做,我还是上床睡觉好了
。4.exact time:确切时间
5.big fire:大火
特别申明:该节目迷你对话选自口语书籍,其余讲解部分均为可可原创,未经授权许可请勿转载
。