1. Expression:hit the nail on the head
Explanation:To describe a situation or problem exactly.. (切中要害,说话中肯,非常准确地描述某种情况或某个问题)
Example:Duncan Smith hit the nail right on the head when he said that the Prime Minister promised so much and yet changed so little.
他说邓肯·史密斯说首相承诺了那么多而改变却那么少,真是切中了要害问题。
He hit the nail on the head when he mentioned that the company was actually facing the danger of bankruptcy.
他说那家公司实际上正面临破产的危机,真是切中了要害问题。
I agree with Dr Carey in everything he says. I think he's hit the nail right on the head.
我同意凯里博士所说的一切,我觉得他说到点子上了。
A: Jane, what are you doing?
Jane,你在做什么?
B: I am listening to the president’s speech. His talk on the economic situation just hit the nail on the head.
我在听总统的演讲,他关于经济情况的讲话实在中肯。
2. Expression:holy shit
Explanation:An exclamation of surprise, shock, or astonishment. (表示惊讶,震惊等意思的感叹词)
Example:Holy shit, the bill for the dinner is nearly $200!
天啊,这顿饭将近200美元!
We won the lottery? Holy shit, that's amazing news!
我们中彩票了?天啊,这真是个惊人的消息!
Holy shit, you dare to shoot me!
见鬼去吧, 你敢开枪打我!(表示不满)
Holy shit, we have to work overtime without pay again.
去死吧,我们加班有没有补助!(表示不满)
3. Expression:shit for brains
Explanation:Someone who is very stupid or incapable of learning something. (傻子,愚蠢的人)
Example:I scolded the shit for brains well for listening to that tale.
我痛痛快快骂这些笨家伙一顿,因为他们听信了那套瞎话。
I'll never understand how that shit for brains got promoted.
我永远也搞不懂那个笨蛋是怎么升职的。
A:Did you really put a pizza in the oven for 30 minutes without first turning it on?
你真的没有事先开烤箱就把披萨放到烤箱里放了30分钟吗?
B: Yeah, what is wrong? 是呀,怎么啦?
A: Come on, shit for brains, use some common sense. 得了吧,傻瓜,懂点常识吧。