That's why Polonius thinks Hamlet is somehow in control of his madness, because Hamlet says: For yourself, sir, should be as old as I am...
这就是为什么波洛涅斯人物哈姆雷特能够控制自己的发疯,因为哈姆雷特说:先生,你应该和我一样大......
For yourself, sir, should be as old as I am, if like a crab you could go backward.
先生,如果你能像螃蟹一样倒着走的话,你应该像我一样大。
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
这看似疯狂,实则有因。
That Polonius is an old fool – he doesn’t know Hamlet’s insulting him.
波洛涅斯就是个笨蛋——他根本不知道哈姆雷特在羞辱他。
I've seen all your plays, Mr. Will.
我看过你所有的戏剧,威廉先生。
I know you have, dear Bess.
我知道,亲爱的贝丝。
We'll leave them there for now.
我们先把他们放在一边。
The name Hamlet is very similar to Hamnet, Shakespeare's son, who died at just 11 years old.
哈姆雷特的名字跟莎士比亚在11岁时夭折的儿子哈姆奈特很像。
It's possible that Shakespeare's grief influenced the outpouring of hopelessness and grief in Hamlet's speeches that follow the death of his father, the King.
有可能莎士比亚的悲伤也影响了哈姆雷特在他的父王死后的演讲中所流露的绝望与悲伤。
The modern version of the phrase "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't" is simply:
短语“Though this be madness,yet there is method in't”被简化为:
"there's method in his/her/my madness" and it means: there's a sensible reason for something that seems crazy.
“there's method in his/her/my madness”,意为:某事看起来疯狂,但其实是出于明智的原因。