手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > The english we speak > 正文

The english we speak(BBC教学) 第4期:Other half我的那位

编辑:cherry   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Hi Neil, how are you?
  • 你好尼尔,最近怎么样?
  • I'm fine thanks, how are you Li?I'm good.
  • 谢谢我很好。小李你怎么样?我很好。
  • Are you free on Saturday evening?
  • 你周六晚上有空吗?
  • I'm holding a small dinner party.Saturday?
  • 我要举办一个小型的晚餐派对。周六吗?
  • Yeah, that would be fantastic but I'd better just check with my other half.
  • 那好极了但是我最好和我的那位确认一下。
  • Your other half?
  • 你的那位?
  • What do you mean?
  • 什么意思?
  • Yes I'm not sure if my wife has anything planned for Saturday.
  • 是的,我不确定我妻子周六是否有安排。
  • Oh!I did not know you call your wife your other half.
  • 哦,我之前不知道你称你的妻子为你的那位。
  • That's interesting.Yes.
  • 真有意思。是啊。
  • That's a phrase often used by married couples to refer to each other.
  • 这是夫妻之间互相用来称呼对方的短语。
  • That's useful to know.
  • 长知识了。
  • Let's hear some examples: How's your other half?
  • 我们来听一些例子吧:你的那位怎么样?她好些了吗?
  • Is she feeling better?
  • 是的,她好多了。
  • Yes, she is much better, thanks.
  • 谢谢。
  • I like the colour of the car but I should ask my other half before I buy it.
  • 我喜欢这车的颜色但是我买之前应该问一下我的那位。
  • Fancy another pint, John?
  • 再来一品脱吗,约翰?
  • I'd love another pint but I have promised my other half I'll be home early.
  • 我也想但是我已经答应了我的那位我会早点回家。
  • So, people often refer to their partner as their other half.
  • 所以人们经常用“他们的那位”来称呼他们的伴侣。
  • Can this phrase be used to refer to both a husband and a wife?
  • 这个短语即可以用来称呼丈夫也可以用来称呼妻子吗?
  • Yes, that's correct.
  • 对。
  • And sometimes a man will refer to his wife as his better half.
  • 有时一个男人也会称他的妻子为“更好的那位”。
  • Better half?
  • 更好的那位?
  • Of course the woman is always the better half!
  • 当然了,妻子总是更好的那位!
  • would not you agree?Of course!
  • 难道不同意吗?当然!
  • My wife always reminds me that she's my better half!
  • 我的妻子老是提醒我她是我的更好的那位!
  • Let's listen to a couple of examples: Oh what a lovely room, you've made a great job of this.
  • 我们再来听两个例子吧:欧,多么可爱的房间!你一定花了很多功夫。
  • Thanks, but compliments should really go to my better half, she chose all the colours and the furniture.
  • 谢谢,但是应该表扬的是我的妻子,是她选了所有的颜色和家具。
  • Thanks for dinner last night.
  • 谢谢昨晚的晚餐。
  • The food was fantastic!
  • 食物太棒了!
  • You're welcome.I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  • 不用谢,我很高兴你喜欢。
  • It was a fun evening.
  • 真是个愉快的夜晚。
  • I'm really lucky, my better half is a great cook, I just have to do all the washing up.
  • 我真的很幸运,我的妻子厨艺超赞,我只是负责洗碗。
  • I'm sure your wife thinks you are the better half although she may not say it.
  • 我敢肯定你妻子肯定觉得你也是更好的那位尽管她可能不会说出来。
  • I hope so.
  • 我希望如此。
  • Well, just check with your better half and let me know if you are coming on Saturday.
  • 呃,和你的那位确认一下然后告诉我你周六是否能来。
  • I will do, thank you.
  • 我会的。谢谢。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Li:Hi Neil, how are you?

Li:你好尼尔,最近怎么样?
Neil:I'm fine thanks, how are you Li?I'm good.
Neil:谢谢我很好。小李你怎么样?我很好。
Li:Are you free on Saturday evening?
Li:你周六晚上有空吗?
I'm holding a small dinner party.Saturday?
我要举办一个小型的晚餐派对。周六吗?
Neil:Yeah, that would be fantastic but I'd better just check with my other half.
Neil:那好极了但是我最好和我的那位确认一下。
Li:Your other half?
Li:你的那位?
Li:What do you mean?
Li:什么意思?
Neil:Yes I'm not sure if my wife has anything planned for Saturday.
Neil:是的,我不确定我妻子周六是否有安排。
Li:Oh!I did not know you call your wife your other half.
Li:哦,我之前不知道你称你的妻子为你的那位。
That's interesting.
真有意思。
Neil:Yes.
Neil:是啊。
Neil:That's a phrase often used by married couples to refer to each other.
Neil:这是夫妻之间互相用来称呼对方的短语。
Li:That's useful to know.
Li:长知识了。
Let's hear some examples:
我们来听一些例子吧:
A:How's your other half?
你的那位怎么样?
Is she feeling better?
她好些了吗?
B:Yes, she is much better, thanks.
是的,她好多了。谢谢。
Lady:I like the colour of the car but I should ask my other half before I buy it.
我喜欢这车的颜色但是我买之前应该问一下我的那位。
A:Fancy another pint, John?
再来一品脱吗,约翰?
B:I'd love another pint but I have promised my other half I'll be home early.
我也想但是我已经答应了我的那位我会早点回家。
Neil:So, people often refer to their partner as their other half.
Neil:所以人们经常用“他们的那位”来称呼他们的伴侣。
Li:Can this phrase be used to refer to both a husband and a wife?
这个短语即可以用来称呼丈夫也可以用来称呼妻子吗?
Neil:Yes, that's correct.
Neil:对。
Neil:And sometimes a man will refer to his wife as his better half.
Neil:有时一个男人也会称他的妻子为“更好的那位”。
Li:Better half?
Li:更好的那位?
Of course the woman is always the better half!
当然了,妻子总是更好的那位!
would not you agree?
难道不同意吗?
Neil:Of course!
Neil:当然!
My wife always reminds me that she's my better half!
我的妻子老是提醒我她是我的更好的那位!
Li:Let's listen to a couple of examples:
我们再来听两个例子吧:
A:Oh what a lovely room, you've made a great job of this.
欧,多么可爱的房间!你一定花了很多功夫。
B:Thanks, but compliments should really go to my better half, she chose all the colours and the furniture.
谢谢,但是应该表扬的是我的妻子,是她选了所有的颜色和家具。
A:Thanks for dinner last night.
谢谢昨晚的晚餐。
The food was fantastic!
食物太棒了!
B:You're welcome.I'm glad you enjoyed it.
不用谢,我很高兴你喜欢。
It was a fun evening.
真是个愉快的夜晚。
I'm really lucky, my better half is a great cook, I just have to do all the washing up.
我真的很幸运,我的妻子厨艺超赞,我只是负责洗碗。
Li:I'm sure your wife thinks you are the better half although she may not say it.
Li:我敢肯定你妻子肯定觉得你也是更好的那位尽管她可能不会说出来。
Neil:I hope so.
Neil:我希望如此。
Li:Well, just check with your better half and let me know if you are coming on Saturday.
Li:呃,和你的那位确认一下然后告诉我你周六是否能来。
Neil:I will do, thank you.
Neil:我会的。谢谢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
fantastic [fæn'tæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的

 
phrase [freiz]

想一想再看

n. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句
vt. 措词

联想记忆
partner ['pɑ:tnə]

想一想再看

n. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人
v. 同 ... 合

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。