Discount 谈论打折
A:Now, let's come to the point. I'm afraid we have to talk more about the price you've offered. Anyway, if you're prepared to give me a 5% reduction, we'd like to increase our original order to 100 sets.
我们言归正传吧。恐怕我们还得就你方的要价再谈一谈。不管怎么样,如果你打算减价5%的话,我们将原来的订购增加到100台。
B:Well, that's really a large order.
嗯,数量的确相当大。
A:It certainly is.
当然。
B:But you know we've never lowered the price that much. You can't expect us to make such a large reduction.
但你知道我们从来没有降价那么低。你不要指望我们打这么大的折扣。
A:In that case there is no need for further discussion.
如果那样,就没有必要再讨论下去了。
B:Let's not be hasty. Perhaps it's unwise for either of us to insist on his own price. How about meeting each other half way?
我们不要太着急。我们任何一方坚持自己的价格也许都不是不适合的,各自做一些让步怎么样?
A:Well, what about your suggestions?
那么你们有什么好意见啊?
B:We go in for business on the basis of mutual benefit. How about splitting the difference, 2% off?
好吧,我们主张在互利的基础上做生意,那么我们各自让一半,减价2%怎么样?
A:That is hardly half way. Let's both make a further concession, say 3%?
这还没有达到妥协。我们双方做进一步的让步,3%怎么样?
B:You are really a hard bargain. Are you going to place an order now?
你真会还价。你现在要订货吗?
A:Yes, of course.