79 Taking a Taxi
打出租车
....please.
请.....
A:Manhattan Square,please.
请到曼哈顿广场。
B:All right,sir.When are we supposed to be there?
好的,先生。要求几点到?
A:I'd like to go around the city,if you don't mind.
如果你不介意,我想看看街景。
Drop me......
.....让我下车。
A:Drop me at the Manhattan Post Office.
我在曼哈顿邮电局下车。
B:Well,that's an hour's ride.Why not just post your mail here.
那要开一小时,干嘛不在这儿邮寄呢?
A:Oh,I'm visiting a friend there. B:I see.
我要看一位朋友。我知道了。
Are you engaged?
你的车有人约了吗?
A:Are you engaged?
有人约你的车了吗?
B:No,sir.Can I help you?
没有,先生。您要车吗?
A:I want sharing Company.B:Oh,hop in.
去沙玲公园。上车吧。
Could you take us to....?
你能送我们到.....?
A:Could you take us to the Fifth Avenue? B:Sure.Step in.
能送我们到第五大街吗?行,进来吧。
A:Is the traffic very heavy this hour?
这时候路上车很多吗?
B:No.But it's a bit strange today.
不多,可今天有点儿怪。
Drive me to.....
送我去.....
A:Drive me to Kennedy Airport,please?
请送我去肯尼迪机场。
B:I'm sorry.My car's taken.
抱歉,我的车有人约了。
A:Where is the next taxi stand?
下一个的士站在哪儿?
B:Not far away.It's over there.
不远,就在那儿。
Is this taxi taken?
这车有人用吗?
A:Excuse me ,is this taxi taken?
请问这车有人用吗?
B:No.May I help you?
没有,需要帮忙吗?
A:Would you please drive me to chinatown?
送我去唐人街好吗?
B:Oh,that's where I'm going.
噢,我也正要去那儿呢。
Can you make it?
你能赶到吗?
I've got to be at the headquarters of City Bank by 10:30.Can you make it?
我要在10:30之前到达花旗银行总部,你能赶到吗
B:Sure. A:Is this the right road?
当然。我们的路线对吗?
B:Yes,this is the road without much traffic.
对,这条路车少。
Please take me to.....
请把我送到.......
A:Please take me to London Hotel.
请送我去伦敦宾馆。
B:OK.When should we be there?
好吧,什么时候到?
As soon as possible,cause I've got an important meeting to attend.
赶快越好,我要参加一个重要会议。
B:OK,if there're no hold-ups.
好吧,只要路上不停车就行。
Pick me up......
.....去接我。
A:Pick me up at the Museum at 5:30
5:30到博物馆去接我。
B:All right. Your portfolio,please. A:Oh,thanks.
好吧。请带上您的公文包!谢谢。
Please send a cab to......
请派辆出租车送我到......
A:Please send a cab to the Grand Hotel.
请派辆出租车到格兰德宾馆。
B:Your address,please?
您的地址是......?
A:162,Sixth Avenue.
第六大街162号。
B:When do you want this service? A:4:30.Thanks.
什么时候去车?4:30,谢谢。
Will you give me a ride to....?
能送我去.....吗?
A:Will you give me a ride to the nearest department store?
送我去最近的百货商场去好吗?
B:No problem,but the traffic might be heavy.
没问题,但是车辆可能很多。
A:But it's not the rush hour.
可现在并不是高峰期呀?
B:People like shopping at this time.
这个时候人们喜欢逛商店。
Which road should we take to.....?
到.....我们该走哪一条路?
Which road should we take to No.200 North 12th Street?
到北十二道选址00号该走哪一条路?
B:It's hard to say .You'd better take a cab.
说不好,最好坐出租车。
A:Can you drive me there? B:All right.
您能送我去那儿吗?好吧。
How far is it from here to.....?
这儿离......有多远?
A:How far is it from here to Lincoln Memorial?
从这儿到林肯纪念堂有多远?
B:Not far,it's only three miles.
不远,只有三英里。
A:When could we get there?
什么时候到达?
B:It depends,usually it takes ten minutes.
说不准,通常需要十分钟。
How much do I owe you?
我该付多少钱?
A:How much do I owe you?
我该付多少钱?
B:Four dollars and fifty cents.
4.5美元。
A:Here's five dollars,you can keep the change.B:Thank you.
给你五美元,零头不用找我了.谢谢
What's the usual fare for the distance...?
.....通常车费是多少?
What's the usual fare for the distance from here to the Art Gallery?
从这儿到美术馆通常车费是多少?
B:Twelve dollars.
十二美元。
A:How much should I tip you?
我该付多少小费?
B:Ten percent of the total.
总数的百分之十。
What's the speed limit on this road?
这条路限速多少?
A:What's the speed limit on this road?
这条路限速多少?
B:30 miles.
30英里。
A:Why so low?
怎么这么慢?
B:There's a primary school two blocks away.
过两个街口有一个小学。
How can we avoid the traffic jam?
怎么避开塞车呢?
A:How can we avoid the traffic jam?
怎样才能避开赛车呢?
B:No way out.This is the only way to your destination.
没办法,到你的目的地就这一条路.
A:Our government should do something about it.
政府应该采取一些措施才是.
B:It's said they'll build an overpass here.
据说这儿要建个立交桥。
Can we park here?
我们可以在这儿停车吗?
A:Can we park here?
我们可以在这儿停车吗?
B:No,this is no parking area.
不行,此处禁止停车。
A:Where can we park our car then?
哪儿能停呢?
B:There's a parking lot a block away.
下个街口就有停车场?
How far have we gone?
我们开了多远了?
A:How far have we gone?
我们开了多远了?
B:Eight miles already.
已经八英里了。
A:At what speed are you driving? B:65 miles.
你的车速是多少。65英里。
A:That's a bit fast.
挺快的。
vt. 避免,逃避