44 Surprise
惊奇
What?
什么?(较随便)
A:What?You must be joking.
什么?你一定在开玩笑!
B:No,I'm serious.she did marry him.
没开玩笑,她的嫁给了他。
A:But he's more than eighty while she's only eighteen!
他八十多了,她才十八岁啊!
B:It's none of our business,isn't it?
这不关我们的事。
Wow!
哎呀!(较随便)
A:Wow!My wallet!
哎呀,我的钱包!
B:What's happened?Is it lost?
怎么回事?丢了吗?
A:No,I found two wallets in my pocket!They look exactly the same.
不是,我的袋里有两个钱包,而且看起来完全一样!
Crazy!
真怪!(较随便)
A:Crazy!He locked himself in the room.
真奇怪!他把自己锁在了屋里。
B:I think he was locked in it.
我认为他是被锁在了屋子里。
A:But you can see the key in his hand through the window!
可透过窗子能看见他手里有钥匙呀!
B:What a strange guy!
真是个怪人!
Really?..
真的吗?
A:Good news,young man. B:What's it?
年轻人,好消息!
A:You've passed the examination. B:Really?I can't believe it!
你通过考试了。真的吗?我真不敢相信!
Good Lord!
我的天!(通用)
A:Good Lord!Look at that man. B:Yes?
我的天!看那个人。哎呀!
A:He's swimming in the cold sea.he must be very strong.
他在冰冷的海水里游泳,身体一定很壮。
B:Sure he is .Winter swimming does good to health,I hear.
那是当然。我听说冬泳对健康有益。
Boy!...
哎哟!(通用)
A:Boy!What a beauty!I fall in love with her at the first sight.
哎哟,真美!我真是与她一见钟情。
B:The "beauty" under the tree?
你是说树下那个“美人儿”吗?
A:Of course.No girl is more charming.
当然啦!再没有更有魅力的女孩了。
B:"She" is a young man!
“她”是个男的。
My goodness!...
我的天!(通用)
A:My goodness!What happened?You have blood on your face.
我的天!怎么了?你的脸上有血。
B:Oh,don't worry.I just killed a pigeon.
噢,别担心。我刚刚宰了一只鸽子。
A:How could you have the heart to hill it ?We only have one!
你怎么忍心把糨杀了,我们只有一只啊!
B:It spoiled my painting!
它把我的面给毁了。
What a surprise!
真令人吃惊!(通用)
A:What a surprise!You had your hair permed?
你把头发烫了。真令人吃惊!
B:Yes,and another surprise.I'm going to get married next Saturday.
不错,还有个意外呢,我下周六就要结婚了。
A:Really?Congratulations!
真的吗?恭喜你了!
How surprising!
真令人吃惊!(通用)
A:How surprising!I found the dog dancing outside. B:Our dog?
真人吃惊,我发见狗在外面跳舞呢!我们的狗吗?
A:Yes.How do you know it?
对。你怎么知道的?
B:I just drove it out of the kitchen.It had drunk all the wine.
我刚刚把它从厨房赶出去,它喝光了所有的酒。
A:You're kidding!
别开玩笑了!
That's amazing!...
真令人吃惊!(通用)
A:You quit your job?
你辞职了?
B:Yes.I am going to work in a new firm.
是的,我阍要在一家新公司工作。
A:That's amazing!You got a good pay there,didn't you?
真令人吃惊!你的工资待遇很好,不是吗?
B:That's true,but I can get more here.
不错,但是这家公司待遇更好。
Oh,my God!
哎哟,我的天!(通用)
A:They're going to rob the bank tonight?
他们今晚要抢劫银行?
B:Yes.I overheard them talking in the room.
是的,我偷听到了他们在屋子里谈话。
A:It's sensational news,isn't it?Tell you the truth,they're rehearsing a play.
消息太惊人了。告诉你吧,他们在排剧!
B:On,my God.
我的天。
Good heavens!
天呐!(通用)
A:Good heavens!I seemed to have seen my aunt in a car just now!
天呐,我刚才好像在车里看见我姨妈了!
B:Isn't she in the U.S.A?
她不是在美国吗?
A:Yes,she must be back now.
是啊,她一定回来了。
B:You didn't receive any phone call,did you?You must be mistaken.
你没有接到电话吧?肯定搞错了。
This really is a surprise!
这真是想不到的事。(通用)
A:This really is a surprise!You're home earlier than usual.
真想不到你提前回来了!
B:I've get a bad cold.The doctor told me to have a day off.
我得了重感冒。大夫建议我休息一天。
A:I'm so sorry.
真遗憾。
Isn't that extraordinary?
太了不起了!(通用)
A:Isn't that extraordinary?She got three gold medals at the Olympic Games.
太了不起了!奥运会上她得了三块金牌。
A:Really?She must be very hardworking.
是真的吗?她一定很勤奋。
A:Yes.She began her training at the age of five.Now she's only twenty.
是的,她五岁开始训练,现在才二十岁。
That's extraordinary!
真有点异乎寻常!(通用)
A:He ate three bowls of rice and two chickens at a meal.
他一顿吃了在碗米饭两只鸡。
B:That's extraordinary!It must cost you a fortune.
真有点异乎寻常!一起花了你不少钱。
A:I'm lucky this time.He suggested going Dutch.
这次我很运气,他建议自己付自己。
I didn't realize it was ...!
没想到......!(通用)
A:I didn't realize it was so late!I'm afraid we can't catch the train.
没想到这么晚了,恐怕赶不上火车了。
B:Don't worry.There's still five minutes left.We can take a taxi.
别担心,还有五分钟,我们可以打出租。
A:Let's rush.
快点儿。
Are you kidding(joking)?
你在开玩笑吧?(通用)
A:The father killed his son. B:Are you kidding?
父亲杀死了新生儿子。你在开玩笑吧?
A:I'm serious.The son was so spoilt that he started to beat his parents and sisters.
是真的。这孩子娇生惯养,竟然打起父母和姐妹来。
B:He's a beast.
真是个畜生。
I must say...surprises me.
我得说...... 令我惊奇。(较正式)
A:I must say your words surprise me. B:What's wrong?
我得说你的话让我吃惊。怎么啦?
A:"Damn" is a taboo.You can't use it on such formal occassion.
Damn是禁忌词,你不能在这么正式的使用。
n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟