手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 高中英语 > 高中英语 > 新人教高中英语 > 新人教高中英语必修第二册 > 正文

Unit 4 History And Traditions Listening and Speaking-2

编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Excuse me, do you speak English?

对不起,你会说英语吗?
I'm looking for the Confucius Temple, but I'm not good at maps -- they're my Achilles' heel!
我在找孔庙,但我不擅长看地图--它们是我的“阿喀琉斯之踵”!
Oh, hello, yes. Come with me -- I'm going to the temple right now.
噢,你好,是的。跟我来--我现在就去寺庙。
By the way, what does "Achilles' heel" mean?
顺便问一下,“阿喀琉斯之踵”是什么意思?
Oh, it means that something is my weakness -- I'm really bad with maps!
噢,它的意思是我的弱点--我对地图一窍不通!
So do you know much about Confucius?
那么你对孔子了解多吗?
He's one of my favourite philosophers.
他是我最喜欢的哲学家之一。
He was such a wise man.
他真是个聪明人。
Oh, yes. I was born here.
哦,是的。我出生在这里。
In fact, I believe I am a descendant of Confucius himself.
实际上,我认为我自己就是孔子的后裔。
No way, you're pulling my leg, right?
不可能,你是在开玩笑,对吧?
So how do you know you're related to Confucius?
那么你怎么知道你和孔子有血缘关系呢?
Didn't he live over 2,500 years ago?
他不是生活在2500多年前吗?
Yes, but his family tree is well recorded.
是的,但他的家谱记录得很好。
He has over three million descendants.
他有300多万后代。
Sorry again, what does "pulling my leg " mean?
再次抱歉,“pulling my leg”是什么意思?
Oh, sorry, it means to joke with someone.
哦,抱歉,意思是和某人开玩笑。
Anyway, so you're actually going to the temple to pay respects to your relative?
不管怎样,你真的要去庙里祭拜你的亲戚吗?
Well, yes.
嗯,是的。
But I'm also meeting my study group there.
但我也要和我的学习小组见面。
We are doing a research project on Confucius ideas on education.
我们正在做一个关于孔子教育思想的研究项目。
You know, Confucius was a great educator, and he had many great ideas about education.
你知道,孔子是一位伟大的教育家,他有很多关于教育的伟大思想。
For example, he talked about the relationship between learning and reflecting.
例如,他谈到了学习和反思之间的关系。
He believed that learning without reflecting leads to confusion.
他认为学而不思则罔。
Oh, look, the temple is just over there.
哦,看,寺庙就在那边。
Oh, great! What's that big building over there?
哦,太棒了!那边的那栋大楼是什么?
Oh, that's the famous Dacheng Hall.
哦,那是著名的大成殿。
You know, it's so well-respected in Qufu that no other building in the city can be taller than it.
你知道,它在曲阜很受尊敬,城里没有其他建筑物能比它更高了。
Wow, now that's respect.
哇,这就是尊重。
That's a little bit like my hometown -- Stratford-upon-Avon.
这有点像我的家乡--埃文河畔的斯特拉特福。
Wait, you mean where Shakespeare was from?
等等,你是说莎士比亚的家乡?
What a coincidence -- Confucius and Shakespeare, two of the greatest minds in history!
真是巧合--历史上最伟大的两位思想家孔子和莎士比亚!
I really want to visit the UK -- I'm really interested in British history and culture.
我真的很想去英国,我对英国的历史和文化很感兴趣。
Oh, that's great!
哦,太好了!
So later we can go for a cup of tea and have a chat about it.
以后我们可以去喝杯茶,聊聊天。
And it would be great if you could take me somewhere to get my watch fixed.
如果你能带我去什么地方修表就太好了。
OK, no problem!
好的,没问题!
So come and meet my study group -- we can tell you all about the temple.
来见见我的学习小组吧--我们可以告诉你关于这座寺庙的一切。
And how long are you staying in Qufu?
你打算在曲阜待多久?
I can show you the Cemetery of Confucius and the Kong Family Mansion as well.
我还可以带你去参观孔庙和孔府。
Really? That's so kind!
真的吗?那太好了!
I need all the help I can get -- I'm like a fish out of water.
我需要所有能得到的帮助--我感到很不自在。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
mansion ['mænʃən]

想一想再看

n. 大厦,豪宅,楼宇

联想记忆
coincidence [kəu'insidəns]

想一想再看

n. 巧合,同时发生

 
related [ri'leitid]

想一想再看

adj. 相关的,有亲属关系的

 
weakness ['wi:knis]

想一想再看

n. 软弱

 
confusion [kən'fju:ʒən]

想一想再看

n. 混乱,混淆,不确定状态

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。