Conversation Two
对话二
Listen to the conversation. Then read the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide which is the best answer according to what you hear.
听对话,根据对话内容选出最佳答案,并将答案的标号A,B,C,D写在答题纸上的相应位置。
Hi, John. Your roommate told me that I could find you in the TV lounge. What are you doing here?
嗨!约翰。你的室友告诉我我可以在电视休息室找到你。你在这里做什么?
What does it look like I am doing?
你看我像在做什么?
Well, it looks like you are watching television.
嗯,看起来你好像在看电视。
But we have a math midterm tomorrow, so I thought you’d be studying for it and maybe I can study with you.
但是我们明天有数学期中考试,所以我认为你会在复习数学,也许我可以和你一起学习。
Oh, well, I was just taking a break.
哦,好吧,我只是想休息一下。
This math stuff gives me a headache if I work on it too long.
如果我学数学的时间太长,我就会头疼。
I know what you mean. I’ve been working on it for three hours already.
我明白你的意思。我已经学了三个小时的数学了。
I’m beginning to go cross-eyed.
我快变成斜视眼了。
I’m having trouble with the sample problems.
我在例题上遇到了困难。
I just don’t get some of them.
我不明白其中一些例题。
But I can’t believe you are coming to me.
但我不敢相信你会来找我。
I mean, you do know what I got on the last test, don’t you?
我是说,你知道我上次考试得了什么,不是吗?
Yeah, I know. You told me. I just thought two heads might be better than one.
是的,我知道。你告诉过我。我只是觉得两个脑袋可能会比一个脑袋强。
Yeah, that is a good idea.
是的,这是个好主意。
But you know, I wish I knew that person in our class who got a hundred on the last test.
但是你知道,我希望我认识我们班上上次考试得了100分的那个人。
She didn’t miss a question. Umm...was it Elizabeth?
她一个问题都没答错。嗯……是伊丽莎白吗?
Oh, yeah, Elizabeth! She is a friend of mine.
哦,是的,伊丽莎白!她是我的一个朋友。
She’d be a big help right now. Why don’t I give her a call?
她现在会帮上大忙的。要不我给她打个电话吧?
What! At this hour? It’s already ten thirty. I don’t want to impose her.
什么!在这个时候?已经十点半了。我不想给她添麻烦。
Yeah, I guess you are right. But you know what? She owes me a big favor.
是的,我想你是对的。但是你知道吗?她欠我一个大人情。
Let’s at least give her a call and see what she says.
我们至少给她打个电话,看看她怎么说。
Maybe going over some of the problems with us would help her review the material too.
也许和我们一起复习一些问题也能帮助她复习。
It’s worth a try.
值得一试。