Section B: In this section, you will hear two long conversations. Each conversation will be read only once.
第二节:在本节中,你将听到两段长对话。每段对话只读一遍。
At the end of each conversation, there will be a one-minute pause.
每段对话后有1分钟的停顿。
During the pause, read the questions and make your answers on the answer sheet with a single line through the center.
在停顿期间,阅读问题并在答题纸上用一条线标出答案,线划在字母的中间。
Conversation One
对话一
Listen to the conversation, and mark each statement as either true(T)or false(F)according to what you hear.
听对话,根据对话内容判断所给句子的正误,正确的标T,错误的标F。
Hello, Professor Smith, my name is Rose.
你好,史密斯教授,我叫罗斯。
I get the information from the university newspaper that you were looking for a student to work as a language laboratory assistant?
我从校报上得知你们正在招一名学生做语言实验室助理?
Yes, we are. Are you interested in the job?
是的。你对这份工作感兴趣吗?
I think so, but before I apply, I’d like you to tell me more about the work.
我想是的,但在我申请之前,我希望你能告诉我更多有关这份工作的情况。
Have you worked with tape recorders before?
你以前用过录音机吗?
I used cassette a lot when I was studying French in high school.
我在高中学法语的时候经常使用盒式磁带。
Good. There are many different kinds of language labs, ours is a small one, and it’s fairly easy to operate.
很好。有许多不同类型的语言实验室,我们的实验室是一个很小的实验室,而且操作起来相当容易。
This is the main control panel. You can set the controls to a lot of students to listen to the lessons they want to hear.
这是主控制面板。你可以将控件设置为让许多学生收听他们想听的课程。
If you decide to take the job, I’ll explain how the system operates.
如果你决定接受这份工作,我会向你解释这个系统是如何运作的。
Most of the lessons are on cassette tapes, but some of them are also on long reel tapes of records.
大部分课程都录在盒式磁带上,但也有一些是长卷录音带。
The cassettes are kept in order on these shelves, and they are clearly numbered with the language and the lesson number.
盒式磁带被整齐地摆放在这些架子上,上面清楚地标明了语言和课程编号。
For example, the cassettes in the green boxes are French lessons. Records and tapes are over there.
例如,绿色盒子里的盒式磁带是法语课。录音和磁带都在那边。
How many hours would I work?
我要工作几个小时?
We need someone ten hours a week, Monday through Friday from 4 p. m. to 6 p. m.
我们需要每周工作10个小时,从周一到周五的下午4点到6点。
This is one of the busiest times for this laboratory.
这是这个实验室最忙的时段之一。
I’ll fill out an application for this job right now.
我现在就填一份这份工作的申请表。
It would fit into my schedule nicely.
这很适合我的日程安排。
Fine, I’ll get back to you in a week or so after we review the applications.
好的,我们审核完申请表后,我会在一周左右的时间里联系你。