It's Saturday evening.
周日晚上,
Li Ming, Jenny and Brian are chatting online.
李明,珍妮和布莱恩正在网上聊天。
Hi Li Ming! Guess what we did today!
你好,李明!猜猜我们今天干了什么?
I have no idea. Did you go shopping?
我不知道。你们去购物了?
I know Christmas is coming.
我知道圣诞节就要到了。
You are smart.
你真聪明。
But did you know that we went shopping in Chinatown?
可你知道我们是去唐人街购物了吗?
Really? Did you have a good time?
这的吗?你们玩得开心吗?
Yes. We bought a big Christmas tree, some decorations and gifts.
是的。我们买了一棵大圣诞树,一些装饰品和小礼物。
I really enjoyed the lunch we had there.
我真的很喜欢在那里吃的午餐。
I had a bowl of noodles, and I used chopsticks and a spoon instead of a fork and a knife.
我吃了一大碗面条,我用的是筷子和勺子,而不是刀和叉。
My parents love to have lunch and shop there, although parking is a problem.
我父母喜欢去那吃饭购物,尽管哪里停车是个难题。
My dad had to park his car in the underground parking lot.
我爸爸不得不把车停在地下停车场。
Do they speak Chinese there?
他们说会中文吗?
In the stores and restaurants, people spoke English to me, but many of them speak Chinese to each other.
在商店和餐馆人们对我说英语,但是很多人说中文。
And there were red lanterns everywhere.
到处都是红色的灯笼。
Danny and I watched a wonderful dragon dancing performance during the Spring Festival last year.
去年春节期间丹妮和我观看了一场精彩的舞龙表演。
That's interesting. I hope we have a North American town here.
那很有趣。我希望我们这儿能有一个北美小镇。
Then you can celebrate Christmas and get gifts from Santa Claus.
那么你们能庆祝圣诞节,还可以收到圣诞老人的礼物。
I love Santa Claus.
我喜欢圣诞老人。
Do you believe it's Santa Claus who brings you gifts, Brian?
你认为是圣诞老人送来的礼物吗,布莱恩?
Of course not. Only little kids believe that.
当然不是。只有小孩子们才相信。
But we do have lots of fun.
但是我们也很快乐。
What do you usually do during the Spring Festival, Li Ming?
李明,你们春节期间通常做些什么呢?
There are so many special things about the Spring Festival.
这有许多有关春节的特别的事情。
Young children usually get gifts - lucky money.
年幼的孩子通常受到礼物--压岁钱。
We eat dumplings and many other delicious foods.
我们吃饺子和许多其他可口的事物。
We have temple fairs and all kinds of performances.
我们有庙会和各种表演。
It's the most important festival in China.
它是中国最重要的节日。
I hope I can go to Chinatown again to see the Spring Festival.
我希望春节我能再去唐人街。