Conversation 1
对话1
It's your birthday next week.
下周是你的生日。
What have you got planned?
你有什么计划?
I'm not sure.
我不确定。
I often feel strange on my birthday.
我生日的时候经常觉得很奇怪。
It's like my brain decides to have a crisis.
就像我的大脑出现了危机。
It's not entirely unusual to feel anxious or sad around your birthday.
在生日前后感到焦虑或悲伤是很正常的。
Birthdays can tap into a lot of things people worry about, including their achievements in life in the past decade or their accomplishments of the past year.
生日可以反映出人们所担心的很多事情,包括他们在过去十年中取得的成就或过去一年的成就。
Many begin to search for the meaning of their existence leading to behaviors such as ending or starting a relationship or plans, like starting a vigorous diet or fitness program.
许多人开始寻找他们存在的意义,从而导致结束或开始一段关系或计划,比如开始剧烈饮食或健身计划。
I have wonderful friends and I love celebrating their birthdays.
我有很棒的朋友,我喜欢为他们庆祝生日。
But I don't like being the center of attention, receiving gifts and having a fuss made.
但我不喜欢成为人们关注的焦点,不喜欢收到礼物,也不喜欢小题大做。
It seems to trigger a type of social anxiety.
这似乎引发了一种社交焦虑。
I think social media too can intensify things as birthdays now play out more publicly.
我认为社交媒体也可以让事情变得更加激烈,因为现在生日的活动更加公开。
Birthday reminders can be helpful, but I kind of worry, I won't be able to drum up my own day and show it to look as exciting as it is supposed to be.
生日提醒是有帮助的,但我有点担心,我无法让自己的日子看起来像应该的那样令人兴奋。
Well, to deal with the birthday blues, you should not isolate yourself.
嗯,要对付生日忧郁,你不应该孤立自己。
It's best to gradually face your birthday with people you trust.
最好是逐渐和你信任的人一起面对你的生日。
That would help you learn self-acceptance or that it's okay to be the focus.
这将帮助你学会自我接受,或者成为焦点也是可以的。
Perhaps or I could perceive my birthday as an opportunity to do something for others like asking people to make a donation instead of buying a gift.
也许我可以把我的生日看作是一个为别人做点什么的机会,比如让人们捐款而不是买礼物。
Exactly or even simply see your birthday as an opportunity to bring people together for them to have fun.
没错,或者干脆把你的生日看作是一个让大家聚在一起玩的机会。
Questions 8 to 11 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
请根据你刚刚听到的对话回答8 - 11题。
Question 8.
问题8。
How does the man often feel on his birthday?
这位男士在生日那天通常感觉如何?
Question 9.
问题9。
What does the woman say many people tend to do on their birthday?
女士说许多人在生日那天倾向于做什么?
Question 10.
问题10。
What does the man say about birthday celebrations?
关于生日庆祝,男士说了什么?
Question 11.
问题11。
What does the woman suggest the man do about his birthday celebration at the end of the conversation?
在对话的最后,女士建议男士如何庆祝他的生日?