Jason, hard fought victory.
杰森,这真是来之不易的胜利。
But we still have to keep our eyes open, don’t we?
但我们还是不能放松警惕,对吧?
Absolutely, absolutely.
绝对的,绝对的。
Are you celebrating today?
你今天在庆祝吗?
We are celebrating.
我们正在庆祝。
This is a battle that shouldn’t have happened in the first place, but we are celebrating where everyone is very thankful that the tree is going up.
这是一场一开始就不应该发生的战斗,但我们正在庆祝,每个人都非常感激这棵树立起来了。
Marianne, what is the town feeling right now?
玛丽安,镇上的人现在感觉如何?
Oh, I have never seen our town come together more than this debacle.
哦,我从没见过我们镇的人比在这次崩溃中更团结。
For the longest time there was a group of people in Dedham saying that we were divided and it was us versus them.
在很长一段时间里,戴德姆有一群人说我们分裂了,这是我们和他们之间的对抗。
But I’m sorry this Christmas tree has brought out just a beautiful unity of different voices, people that I think come from different political ideologies, different ethnicities, different religions.
但我还是要说,这棵圣诞树带来的只是不同声音的美丽统一,这些声音在我看来都来自不同的政治意识形态、不同的种族、不同的宗教。
But they all got behind this.
但他们都支持这件事。
And it’s a beautiful thing.
这是一件美好的事情。
And it’s um, it’s had some negative shining on the town, but I think if you had turn it glass- half-full, it’s overwhelmingly full.
它对小镇是有一些负面的影响,但我认为如果你保持乐观的心态,它带来的正面影响也是极多的。
Jason, are you buying the excuse that they were undergoing a holiday decoration review period since the spring and that they hadn’t gotten around to erecting the tree yet before this big kerfuffle exploded?
杰森,你相信他们的借口吗?他们说从春天开始就在进行节日装饰审查,在这场大争吵爆发之前他们还没有抽出时间来架设圣诞树?
Not even a little.
一个字都不信。
I think that’s the legal department’s wording, most likely.
我认为这很可能是法律部门的说辞。
Based on what I have been told, and what I have heard from multiple people that it was one individual, potentially two individuals that kind of put up a stink about the tree.
根据我所知的情况,以及我从多个人那里听到的,最开始是有一个人,也可能是两个人,对这棵树提出了异议。
And then everything broke loose, you know, in terms of social media and it being escalated.
然后,在社交媒体上,一切都失控了,这件事愈演愈烈。
But, there was really no leadership to step in place and say “hey, we are not gonna do this,” right?
但是,当时并没有领导层站出来说“嘿,我们不会这么做的”,对吗?
Even from the top.
甚至是最高层也没有这样做。
Everyone was just too afraid to try make a decision and, unfortunately, this is where we landed, right?
每个人都太害怕,不敢做决定,不幸的是,这就是我们的归宿,对吗?
We are in national news, international news.
我们现在出现在国内新闻里,国际新闻也会谈到我们。
And it’s unfortunate but, you know, again, like Marianne said, I think it’s going to motivate people to stand up for what they believe in.
这很不幸,但你知道,就像玛丽安说的那样,我认为这将激励人们为自己的信仰挺身而出。
And, I think it in the long run will most likely bring a lot of folks in town together.
而且,我认为从长远来看,这很可能会让镇上的很多人团结起来。
Merry Christmas, you guy, I’m glad it had such a unifying message and effect.
祝你们圣诞快乐,我很高兴这件事能让大家团结起来。
And you also got rid of the psycho at your human rights commission.
你还除掉了人权委员会的那个神经病。
We need to get rid of the human rights commission.
我们需要除掉人权委员会。
I think that’s the bigger challenge.
我认为这是更大的挑战。
The battle has been won but the war is not over.
这场战斗已经取得了胜利,但战争尚未结束。
Thank you two very much.
非常感谢二位。
And Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐。
Happy holidays, happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanzaa to everybody in Dedham, we love you guys, thank you so much.
节日快乐,光明节快乐,宽扎节快乐,我们爱你们,非常感谢。
Alright, thank you.
好的,谢谢。
译文由可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载。