So there's one question I know you want to ask:
我知道你们都想问这样一个问题:
Why in the world you have to be so tall to ride the really good roller coasters?
为什么要长得比较高,才能坐非常棒的过山车?
And the answer is: it's for your safety.
答案就是:为了你的安全。
The engineers and designers work hard to make sure their rides are safe for everybody.
工程师和设计师竭尽全力,确保他们的游乐设施对所有人来说都是安全的。
They use sandbags and dummies to test, they'd ride them themselves before they open them to the public.
他们会用沙袋和假人来测试,并且在向公众开放之前,他们也会自己乘坐。
Wouldn't that be an awesome job?
这份工作是不是棒极了?
The reason roller coasters as fun as they are is because they make us think we're in danger, even though we're really not.
过山车之所以这么有意思,是因为它让我们觉得自己处于危险之中,尽管我们实际上并不危险。
They're kind of like scary movies.
这就有点像恐怖电影。
Not only do you get the thrill of moving really fast and dropping really far, but because you're afraid, your body starts to react.
你不仅会获得快速移动和坠落的快感,而且因为你很害怕,你的身体也会开始有些反应。
Your heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and adrenaline level goes up.
你的心率、血压、呼吸频率和肾上腺素水平都会激增。
And that's why roller coasters are so fun.
这就是过山车这么好玩的原因。