Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Being tickled makes us laugh.
被人挠痒痒会让我们发笑。
So, what could the expression tickled pink mean?
那么,tickled pink这个表达是什么意思呢?
Let's listen.
让我们一起来听
Andrew, did you throw a surprise party for Tammy?
安德鲁,你给塔米办惊喜派对了吗?
Yes! It was great and she was tickled pink!
是的!太棒了,她高兴极了!
Well, I just got a text from her and she seems angry.
我刚收到她的短信,她看起来很生气。
"I hate birthday parties."
“我讨厌生日派对。”
"I hate surprises."
“我讨厌惊喜。”
Uh, "I don't eat cake."
“我不吃蛋糕。”
Oh, no.
哦,不。
Sounds like she was not tickled pink.
听起来她并没有被逗乐。
No. Most definitely not.
不。绝对不是。
[Swipe] Oh.
(刷)哦。
To be tickled pink means to be very happy or amused.
To be tickled pink意思是非常高兴或被逗乐了。
You may feel the same kind of happiness you feel when being tickled.
你可能会感受到和被人挠痒痒一样的快乐。
Some people's faces can turn pink when they are tickled.
有些人被挠痒痒时,脸会变成粉红色。