As these images resolve, see if you can tell how many of them out of the six are human faces?
随着这些图像慢慢显现,看看你能不能分辨出这六张图片中有多少张是人脸?
The only trick: we're not going to resolve them all the way. Go!
唯一的技巧是:我们不会把它们全部显现出来。来吧!
How many are you finding?
你找到了多少?
And stop. Did you say two, or did you mistake some of these for faces?
停。你找到了两张,还是你把其中几张错当成了脸?
Try it again. Go!
再试一次。来吧!
And stop. Did you pick out all three?
停。你挑出全部的三张了吗?
You might have missed one but odds are you did pretty well distinguishing the human faces.
你可能漏掉了一个,但很可能在区分人脸上做得很棒。
Our ability to detect faces is a life skill developed at a young age.
我们识别面孔的能力是在很小的时候就发展起来的一项生活技能。
And we need surprisingly little information to do it.
而且我们需要的信息少得惊人。
Research suggests that the visually developing infant brain relies on the same facial cues kids and grown-ups do.
研究表明,视觉发育中的婴儿大脑,对面部线索的感知是与儿童、成年人相同的。
Even at low resolution, eyes appear darker than the forehead, a mouth is darker than the cheeks, and the expected location of the mouth, nose, and eyes are all indicators, to the brain, that you're looking at a face.
即使在低分辨率下,眼睛的颜色也比前额深、嘴巴的颜色比脸颊深、以及嘴巴、鼻子和眼睛的预期位置,这些对大脑来说,都是表明你在看的是一张脸的指示。