Let's test your hippocampus and powers of spatial perception.
让我们来测试一下你的海马体和空间感知能力。
Are you looking at a left hand or a right hand?
你在看的是左手还是右手?
By checking the thumb you can tell, this is a right hand.
通过观察拇指,你可以分辨出这是一只右手。
What about this one?
那这个呢?
The answer is a left hand.
答案是左手。
And this one? Right hand.
这个呢?是右手。
And this one? Right hand, again.
这个呢?还是右手。
How about this one?
这个呢?
As we rotate the hands, this game is getting harder, right?
当我们翻转手的时候,这个游戏就变得越来越难了,对吧?
It takes several seconds to examine this image and determine this hand is a left hand.
我们要花几秒钟来仔细看这张照片,然后确定这只手是左手。
Well, that's your hippocampus hard at work.
那是你的海马体在努力工作。
Same part of your brain involved in memory is critical to seeing and rotating objects in your mind,
大脑中与记忆力有关的同一区域,对于在脑海中呈现物体、使物体旋转起来至关重要,
a skill you use to navigate streets, maps, study geometry or find your way in a three-dimensional world.
这是一种你用来导航街道、地图、学习几何或在三维世界中找到方向的技能。
And how well your brain's navigation system works has a lot to do with how good your memory is.
而你的大脑导航系统工作得有多好与你的记忆力有很大关系。