Welcome to English in a Minute!
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目!
Bones are strong.
骨头很强壮。
They make up our skeleton.
它们构成了我们的骨架。
But what could it mean to have a bone to pick with someone?
但是,“对某人挑骨头”意味着什么呢?
Dan, are you ready to read scripts?
丹,你准备好看剧本了吗?
Maybe.
大概吧。
Dan, umm, are you upset about something?
丹,嗯,你有什么事不高兴吗?
Actually, yes!
事实上,是的!
I have a bone to pick with you.
我对你有意见。
What did I do now?
我现在做了什么?
Well, your new script is about a co-worker who is always late and grumpy.
好吧,你的新剧本是关于一个总是迟到脾气暴躁的同事的。
It's about me, isn't it?
这是关于我的,不是吗?
No!
不。
No, no you are...never late!
不,不,你是。。。永远不迟到!
When you have a bone to pick with someone, you have an issue with them that bothers you.
当你对某人有意见时,你就会对他们产生困扰。
If you have a bone to pick with a co-worker or friend, it is best to talk about it sooner rather than later.
如果你和同事或朋友有意见,最好尽早讨论。