Hi, John! Thanks for coming over to my house! You're the first guest to arrive to my housewarming party!
嗨,约翰!谢谢你来我家做客!你是第一个来参加我乔迁派对的客人!
Thanks for having me!
谢谢你邀请我!
Would you like a drink?
你想喝点什么吗?
Sure! What do you have?
当然!你有什么喝的?
I have water, tea, coffee....Oh! How about some sparkling water?
我有水、茶、咖啡……哦!来点苏打水怎么样?
That sounds good to me! You know, the way you said that reminds me of our lesson today!
我觉得不错!你说话的方式让我想起了今天的课!
Oh, how so?
哦,为什么这么说?
The questions you asked me are common ways for people to offer beverages!
你问我的问题是人们提供饮料的常见方式!
The first question I asked you started with "Would you like..."
我问你的第一个问题是以“Would you like...”开始的。
This is a polite and formal way to offer someone something.
这是向某人提供某物的一种礼貌且正式的方式。
Then when you asked "How about..." that question was getting more specific, but also a little less formal.
然后当你问“How about...”的时候,这个问题变得越来越具体,但也变得不那么正式了。
The structure for a "how about" phrase is this: How about + some + noun or simple verb.
“how about”短语的结构是这样的:How about + some + 名词或简单动词。
We can also use a gerund or the -ing form of a verb that acts like a noun with this phrase.
我们也可以使用动名词(即动词的-ing形式)来充当这个短语中的名词。
Like this? How about grabbing those drinks now, Faith?
像这样吗?现在去拿点饮料怎么样,费思?
I see what you did there! I'll go grab those drinks now!
我知道你做了什么!我现在就去拿饮料!
Take a seat, John! Other guests should be arriving soon!
请坐,约翰!其他客人应该很快就到了!
Let's end with a quiz. Which one of the questions is better? Why?
让我们以一个测验结束本期节目。哪一个问题更好?为什么?
How about to grab some drinks later? Or How about grabbing some drinks later?
等会儿去喝点东西怎么样?
The answer is 2. This is because we use how about+gerund.
答案是第二句。这是因为我们用了“how about+动名词”结构。
And that's Everyday Grammar TV.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。