手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA每日语法 > 正文

如何表达期望和惊喜(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

How are you doing today, Faith?

你今天过得怎么样,费思?

It's been a tough day.

我今天过得很不顺。

I didn't sleep last night, and all of my friends forgot that today is my birthday.

我昨晚没睡,我所有的朋友都忘了今天是我的生日。

They didn't even wish me a happy birthday.

他们甚至都不祝我生日快乐。

Oh, I'm sorry. Happy birthday.

哦,抱歉。生日快乐。

I guess I was just expecting that people would remember.

我想我只是希望人们能记住。

In language teaching we often talk about expressing expectations.

在语言教学中,我们经常谈论表达期望的方式。

And when reality does not meet our expectations.

当现实与我们的期望不符时。

That's a good point. We have expectations about many things in life.

有道理。我们对生活中的许多事情都有期望。

One way we can express something going in an unexpected way is with the word "even."

我们可以用even这个词来表达某事以一种意想不到的方式进行。

That's right, Faith.

没错,费思。

At the beginning of this report, you said: They didn't even wish me a happy birthday.

在这篇报道的开头,你说:他们甚至都不祝我生日快乐。

I could have said: "They didn't wish me a happy birthday."

我本可以说:“他们没有祝我生日快乐。”

...but when you add the word "even," you are suggesting that you expected them to wish you a happy birthday.

但当你加上“even”这个词时,你是在暗示你希望他们祝你生日快乐。

Even can also express pleasant surprise.

Even还可以表示惊喜。

For example, if I said, "John even wished me a happy birthday..."

例如,如果我说:“就连约翰也祝我生日快乐……”

You are saying that you did not expect me to wish you a happy birthday

你是说你没想到我会祝你生日快乐。

I can't believe you have such low expectations of me!

我真不敢相信你对我的期望这么低!

That's my life story--- beating other people's low expectations!

这就是我的人生故事——打破别人的低期望值!

I'm not so sure you beat their low expectations.

我不确定你是否打破了他们的低期望值。

Hey, that's not nice!

嘿,这可不好!

There are other ways English speakers express surprise or expectation.

以英语为母语的人还有其他表达惊讶或期待的方式。

These include the words "actually" and "still."

其中包括“actually(实际上)”和“still(仍然)”等词。

For example, when you said, "I'm not so sure you beat their low expectations," I could have said, "Faith actually said that."

例如,当你说,“我不确定你是否打破了他们的低期望值”,我本可以说,“费思确实是这么说的。”

In other words, I did not expect you to say that.

换句话说,我没想到你会这么说。

That joke is still bothering you?

那个笑话还在困扰着你吗?

Yes, I expected better from you.

是的,我对你的期望更高。

And that's Everyday Grammar.

以上就是今天的《每日语法》。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
beat [bi:t]

想一想再看

v. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动
n. 敲打,

 
unexpected ['ʌnik'spektid]

想一想再看

adj. 想不到的,意外的

 
expectation [.ekspek'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 期待,期望

联想记忆

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 动词短语 2023-02-22
  • 虚词弱读 2023-02-28
  • 如何表达期望和惊喜(下) 2023-03-15
  • 与季节相关的英语语法 2023-03-21
  • 助动词如何发音 2023-03-28
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。