手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 少儿趣味科学秀 > 正文

太空中的东西为什么都是漂浮的?(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey, Sam!

嗨,山姆!

I’ve been looking for you.

我一直在找你。

I wanted to ask if I could use your telescope for a bit.

我想问你能不能用一下你的望远镜。

Sure, that sounds great!

当然,听起来不错!

I love using my telescope to look out into space.

我喜欢用望远镜观看太空。

But today, I’m looking at these pictures of people in space.

但今天,我在看这些人在太空中的照片。

Living in space sure seems different than living on Earth.

生活在太空中与生活在地球上确实不同。

There are people living on the International Space Station right now.

现在有人住在国际空间站上。

That’s a big spaceship where people do experiments and learn about space.

那是一艘人们做实验和探索太空的大飞船。

I wonder what it’s like there.

我想知道那里是什么样子的。

Wow, you’re right, it does seem different!

哇,你说得对,看起来确实不一样!

I mean, there’s people hanging around in the air, upside down.

我是说,人们在空中是挂着的状态、倒挂着。

That certainly doesn’t happen here on Earth!

在地球上肯定不会倒着!

If you’re a bat, it does.

如果你是一只蝙蝠,确实会倒挂着。

But not if you’re a human!

但如果你是人类就不会!

You definitely aren’t upside down right now!

你现在肯定不是倒立着的!

That would sure be fun to hang upside down so easily, though!

不过,这么容易倒立肯定很有趣!

Whoa, what is that they’re playing with?

哇,他们在玩什么啊?

That is water!

这是水!

That’s water?

这是水吗?

It looks totally different than it does here on Earth!

这看起来和地球上完全不同!

I agree.

我也这么觉得。

Water definitely doesn’t float around in blobs here.

这里的水绝对不会一滴滴地漂浮。

Wow, look at this – they’re hitting the water like a ball, and it stays together.

哇,看这个,他们像打球一样击打水 ,水没有散开。

It doesn’t splash at all.

一点水花都没有。

Things sure do behave weirdly in space.

太空中的事物确实表现得很奇怪。

You’re right, things are behaving differently in space than they do on Earth.

你说得对,太空中的事物和地球上的不一样。

We can pretty much always count on things to behave a certain way here on Earth.

在地球上,我们几乎总是依靠事物以某种方式运行。

People don’t ever float around… unless they’re swimming, I guess!

人是不会漂浮的,除非他们在游泳。

But let’s keep thinking about water.

但让我们继续考虑水。

Let’s make a prediction, or guess.

让我们来做个预测或猜测。

What do you think would happen if we poured some of this water out on the table, Sam?

山姆,如果我们把这些水倒在桌子上,你觉得会发生什么?

It would make a big mess, that’s what would happen!

会溅的哪里都是,就是这样!

The water would pour down and it would spread out everywhere, until it ran over the table and down onto the floor.

水会倾泻而下,洒得到处都是,最后溢出桌子,流到地板上。

You’re exactly right…so I’m not going to make a mess right now.

你说得很对,所以我现在不会把哪儿都弄得一团糟。

But, Sam…

但是,山姆…

How did you know that would happen?

你怎么知道会这样?

Well, I guess I knew that because that’s what water always does.

我想我知道是因为水总是这样。

It always spills.

它总是四处洒。

That’s right.

是的。

We can always count on water to do the same thing on Earth.

在地球上,我们总是可以依靠水来做同样的事情。

Hmm, this is starting to feel like a pattern, isn’t it, Sam?

这开始像是一种模式了,不是吗,山姆?

That’s not all we can predict.

这不是我们能预测的全部。

What if I poured water into a glass instead?

如果我把水倒进玻璃杯里呢?

Uh, it would go… into… the glass?

它会…进入…杯子里?

Not just that, but it would become the same shape as the inside of the glass.

不仅如此,它还会变成和玻璃内部一样的形状。

Watch.

看。

Whoa, you’re right.

哇,你是对的。

I never thought about it, but the water doesn’t really have a shape.

我从来没想过,但水是没有形状的。

It’s just shaped like whatever container it’s in.

水的形状和承载它的容器一样。

What do you think that water would do in space?

你认为水在太空中会怎么样?

Well, I think if we poured water in space, it might float.

我想如果我们把水倒进太空,它可能会浮起来。

You’re right!

你是对的!

I don’t think that the water would even stay in the glass, would it?

我认为水不会留在杯子里,对吧?

It would probably just float right out of there.

水可能就会从那里飘出去。

And the water is more blob-shaped…it can’t really take the shape of its container when it’s not in a container.

而水的形状更像水滴,当水不在容器里的时候,它就不可能真正呈现出容器的形状。

So, based on our observations so far, it seems like things also behave in a predictable pattern in space.

所以,根据我们目前的观察,似乎宇宙中的事物也有可预测的模式。

It’s just a different pattern than you’d expect on Earth.

这只是一种不同于你在地球上预期的模式。

Yes, in space water doesn’t seem to spread out.

是的,在太空中水似乎不会扩散。

It sticks together in a ball and it floats around.

水会粘在一起形成一个球,然后四处漂浮。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
spread [spred]

想一想再看

v. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒
n.

 
prediction [pri'dikʃən]

想一想再看

n. 预言,预报

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
predictable [pri'diktəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可预知的

 
predict [pri'dikt]

想一想再看

v. 预知,预言,预报,预测

联想记忆
container [kən'teinə]

想一想再看

n. 容器,集装箱

 
pattern ['pætən]

想一想再看

n. 图案,式样,典范,模式,型
v. 以图案

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。