手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 王尔德短篇小说 > 忠实的朋友 > 正文

16 故事的寓意(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • “Well?” said the Water-rat, after a long pause.
  • “后来呢?”过了好一会儿河鼠说。
  • “Well, that is the end,” said the Linnet.
  • “什么,我讲完了。”红雀说。
  • “But what became of the Miller?” asked the Water-rat.
  • “可是磨坊主后来又怎样了呢?”河鼠问道。
  • “Oh! I really don’t know,” replied the Linnet; “and I am sure that I don’t care.”
  • “噢!我真的不清楚,”红雀回答说,“我觉得我不关心这个。”
  • “It is quite evident then that you have no sympathy in your nature,” said the Water-rat.
  • “很显然你的本性中没有同情的成分。”河鼠说。
  • “I am afraid you don’t quite see the moral of the story,” remarked the Linnet.
  • “我恐怕你还没有弄明白这故事中的教义。”红雀反驳说。
  • “The what?” screamed the Water-rat.
  • “什么?”河鼠大声问道。
  • “The moral.”
  • “教义。”
  • “Do you mean to say that the story has a moral?”
  • “你的意思是说这故事里还有一个教义?”
  • “Certainly,” said the Linnet.
  • “当然了。”红雀说。
  • “Well, really,” said the Water-rat, in a very angry manner,
  • “噢,说真的,”河鼠气呼呼地说,
  • “I think you should have told me that before you began. If you had done so, I certainly would not have listened to you;
  • “我认为你在讲故事之前就应该告诉我那个。如果你那样做了,我肯定不会听你的了。
  • in fact, I should have said ‘Pooh,’ like the critic. However, I can say it now”;
  • 其实,我应该像批评家那样说一声‘呸!’但是,我现在可以这么说了。”
  • so he shouted out “Pooh” at the top of his voice, gave a whisk with his tail, and went back into his hole.
  • 于是他就大喊了一声“呸!”,并挥舞了一下自己的尾巴,就回到了山洞中去。
  • “And how do you like the Water-rat?” asked the Duck, who came paddling up some minutes afterwards.
  • “你觉得河鼠怎么样?”母鸭开口问道,她用了好几分钟才拍打着水走上岸来。
  • “He has a great many good points, but for my own part I have a mother’s feelings,
  • “他也有好些优点,不过就我而言,我有一个母亲的情怀,
  • and I can never look at a confirmed bachelor without the tears coming into my eyes.”
  • 只要看见那些铁了心不结婚的单身汉总忍不住要掉下眼泪来。”
  • “I am rather afraid that I have annoyed him,” answered the Linnet. “The fact is, that I told him a story with a moral.”
  • “我真担心我把他给得罪了,”红雀回答说,“事实是我给他讲了一个带教义的故事。”
  • “Ah! that is always a very dangerous thing to do,” said the Duck.
  • “啊,这事总是很危险的。”母鸭说。
  • And I quite agree with her.
  • 我完全同意她的话。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Well?” said the Water-rat, after a long pause.

“后来呢?”过了好一会儿河鼠说。

Well, that is the end,” said the Linnet.

“什么,我讲完了。”红雀说。

But what became of the Miller?” asked the Water-rat.

“可是磨坊主后来又怎样了呢?”河鼠问道。

Oh! I really dont know,” replied the Linnet; “and I am sure that I dont care.”

“噢!我真的不清楚,”红雀回答说,“我觉得我不关心这个。”

It is quite evident then that you have no sympathy in your nature,” said the Water-rat.

“很显然你的本性中没有同情的成分。”河鼠说。

I am afraid you dont quite see the moral of the story,” remarked the Linnet.

“我恐怕你还没有弄明白这故事中的教义。”红雀反驳说。

The what?” screamed the Water-rat.

“什么?”河鼠大声问道。

The moral.”

“教义。”

Do you mean to say that the story has a moral?”

“你的意思是说这故事里还有一个教义?”

Certainly,” said the Linnet.

“当然了。”红雀说。

Well, really,” said the Water-rat, in a very angry manner,

“噢,说真的,”河鼠气呼呼地说,

I think you should have told me that before you began. If you had done so, I certainly would not have listened to you;

“我认为你在讲故事之前就应该告诉我那个。如果你那样做了,我肯定不会听你的了。

in fact, I should have saidPooh,’ like the critic. However, I can say it now”;

其实,我应该像批评家那样说一声‘呸!’但是,我现在可以这么说了。”

so he shouted outPoohat the top of his voice, gave a whisk with his tail, and went back into his hole.

于是他就大喊了一声“呸!”,并挥舞了一下自己的尾巴,就回到了山洞中去。

And how do you like the Water-rat?” asked the Duck, who came paddling up some minutes afterwards.

“你觉得河鼠怎么样?”母鸭开口问道,她用了好几分钟才拍打着水走上岸来。

He has a great many good points, but for my own part I have a mothers feelings,

“他也有好些优点,不过就我而言,我有一个母亲的情怀,

and I can never look at a confirmed bachelor without the tears coming into my eyes.”

只要看见那些铁了心不结婚的单身汉总忍不住要掉下眼泪来。”

I am rather afraid that I have annoyed him,” answered the Linnet. “The fact is, that I told him a story with a moral.”

“我真担心我把他给得罪了,”红雀回答说,“事实是我给他讲了一个带教义的故事。”

Ah! that is always a very dangerous thing to do,” said the Duck.

“啊,这事总是很危险的。”母鸭说。

And I quite agree with her.

我完全同意她的话。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
confirmed [kən'fə:md]

想一想再看

adj. 习惯的,积习的,确认过的,证实的 动词conf

 
critic ['kritik]

想一想再看

n. 批评家,评论家

联想记忆
miller ['milə]

想一想再看

n. 磨坊主,铣床(工)

 
sympathy ['simpəθi]

想一想再看

n. 同情,同情心,同感,赞同,慰问

联想记忆
annoyed

想一想再看

adj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 11 再三帮忙(2) 2022-05-29
  • 12 再三帮忙(3) 2022-05-30
  • 13 再三帮忙(4) 2022-05-31
  • 14 故事的寓意(上) 2022-06-01
  • 15 故事的寓意(中) 2022-06-02
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。