"Well, upon my word, you are very ungrateful," said the Student angrily;
青年怒道,“我敢说你是个无情义的人。”
and he threw the rose into the street, where it fell into the gutter, and a cart-wheel went over it.
她便将玫瑰掷在街心,掉在车辙里,让一个车轮轧过。
"Ungrateful!" said the girl. "I tell you what, you are very rude;
女郎说,“无情义?我告诉你吧,你实在无礼;
and, after all, who are you? Only a Student.
况且到底你是谁?不过一个学生文人,
Why, I don't believe you have even got silver buckles to your shoes as the Chamberlain's nephew has";
我看像大臣侄子鞋上的那银扣,你都没有。”
and she got up from her chair and went into the house.
说着站起身来走回房去。
"What I a silly thing Love is," said the Student as he walked away.
青年走着自语道,“爱好傻呀,
"It is not half as useful as Logic, for it does not prove anything,
远不如伦理学那般有实用,它所告诉我们的,
and it is always telling one of things that are not going to happen,
无非是空中楼阁,实际上不会发生的,
and making one believe things that are not true.
和缥缈的虚无不可信的事件。
In fact, it is quite unpractical, and, as in this age to be practical is everything, I shall go back to Philosophy and study Metaphysics."
在现在的世界里存在,首要有实用的东西,我还是回到我的哲学和玄学书上去吧。”
So he returned to his room and pulled out a great dusty book, and began to read.
于是他回到房中取出一本笨重的,满堆着尘土的大书埋头细读。