手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 免费医学科普 > 正文

自闭症与天才儿童(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, there. I'm Wali.

嗨,你好。我是瓦利。

You might be wondering what I'm doing here, well, let me start again.

你可能想知道我在这里做什么,好吧,让我重新开始。

I'm Wali and I'm autistic.

我是瓦利,我是自闭症患者。

For those of you who are not familiar with this term, Autistic is a person who suffers from a neurobehavioral condition called Autism.

对于那些不熟悉这个术语的人来说,自闭症是指患有一种名为自闭症的神经行为疾病的人。

But what exactly is Autism?

但自闭症到底是什么呢?

Well, it can be a tricky question because autism can be a lot of things.

嗯,这可能是一个棘手的问题,因为自闭症可能有很多因素。

This condition is now being referred to as Autism Spectrum Dysfunction because of its variety and diversity of symptoms.

因为症状的多样性,这种情况现在被称为自闭症谱系障碍。

Quite possibly, my Autism may be different from another autistic and that his/her autism may also be different from another autistic and so on.

很可能,我的自闭症不同于其他自闭症患者,他/她的自闭症也不同于另一名自闭症患者等等。

However, there are three basic symptoms that are observed in all types of Autism.

然而,在所有类型的自闭症中都可以观察到三种基本症状。

Social interaction challenges.

社交方面的挑战。

Deviant responsiveness and difficulty in communication.

反应异常,沟通困难。

Cognitive dysfunction and insensitivity or over sensitivity to certain stimuli including sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch.

认知功能障碍和对某些刺激包括视觉、听觉、嗅觉、味觉和触觉的不敏感或过度敏感。

Tendency to engage in repetitive behavior throughout life on a daily basis.

在日常生活中有重复行为的倾向。

It may involve pacing, head rocking and hand flipping etc.

可能包括走来走去、摇头和翻手等。

Now, let me evaluate myself according to these symptoms.

现在,让我根据这些症状来对自己进行评估。

I have never felt comfortable in social circles.

在社交圈子里,我从来都觉得不自在。

I don’t go out with friends or in gatherings even though I have nothing else to do and usually I feel out of place and panic in social gatherings.

即使我没有其他事情可做,我也不会和朋友出去或聚会,而且在社交聚会上会经常感到不自在和恐慌。

So first symptom: checked.

所以第一个症状:经检查符合。

I have trouble assessing how my words or actions will affect the other person psychologically.

我很难评估我的言行会对对方产生怎样的心理影响。

I have a really bad reputation for being blunt but quite frankly I have no idea why my words can hurt people.

我一向以直言不讳著称,但坦白地说,我不知道为什么我的话会伤害别人。

Most people tell me that I don’t respond when I am spoken to.

大多数人告诉我,当有人和我说话时,我没有回应。

I know that they are talking to me but I feel a lot of background noise which makes it hard for me to focus on one point during conversations with multiple stimuli involved.

我知道他们在和我说话,但我感觉到了很多背景噪音,这让我很难在涉及多个刺激的对话中专注于一点。

Along with that, sometimes I cannot assess the hidden meanings in conversations.

此外,有时我无法评估对话中的隐藏含义。

For example, if I am asked to take my seat, I would pick up my seat and ask, “Where to?”

例如,如果我被要求就座,我会站起来问:“去哪里?”

So, second symptom: checked.

所以,第二个症状:经检查符合。

Since my childhood, I have a strong tendency for head rocking side to side.

从小,我就有强烈的摇头倾向。

It calms me down.

它能让我平静下来。

I have these episodes daily and quite often multiple times in the same day.

我每天都有这样的症状,而且经常是在同一天多次发作。

So third symptom, BIG CHECKED.

所以第三个症状,非常符合。

Enough about me.

我说得够多了。

Let’s go through some important facts about Autism.

让我们来回顾一下有关自闭症的一些重要事实。

Autism is known to affect 1 in every 60 individuals, with boys at 5 times more risk to be autistic than girls.

众所周知,每60个人中就有1人患有自闭症,其中男孩患自闭症的风险是女孩的5倍。

Quick question: do you think the dominance of autism in males has something to do with their gender, more specifically with the Y chromosome?

快速提问:你认为自闭症在男性中的主导地位是否与他们的性别有关,更确切地说与Y染色体有关?

What causes autism is still unknown.

导致自闭症的原因尚不清楚。

It is believed that a cocktail of genetic, environmental and psychological factors contributes towards autism.

人们认为,遗传、环境和心理因素共同作用导致了自闭症。

Autism is broadly divided into three major types: Classical or Kanner’s Autism: Often referred to as severe autism, this type usually covers the low functioning autism.

自闭症大致分为三种主要类型:经典自闭症或坎纳氏自闭症:通常被称为严重自闭症,这种类型通常包括功能低下的自闭症。

In this case, autistics have the same but more severe symptoms, along with certain other developmental disorders, a very low IQ, loss of cognition, speech, antisocial behaviors and mental retardation in extreme cases.

在这种情况下,自闭症患者有相同但更严重的症状,以及还有一些其他发育障碍,非常低的智商,认知能力、语言能力丧失,反社会行为,在极端的智力低下。

Asperger’s Syndrome also called as high function autism tends to have the basic symptoms but with low severity so that the individuals suffering from it have a very good chance at a normal life.

阿斯伯格综合征,又称高功能自闭症,具有基本症状,但严重程度较低,因此患者非常有机会过上正常的生活。

Asperger’s syndrome has known to be associated with high levels of IQ with individuals that may lag in certain daily races of life, but are super smart at stuff that appears to be very difficult for smart but non autistic individuals.

众所周知,阿斯伯格综合症与高智商有关,这些人在某些日常生活中可能落后,但他们在一些事情上非常聪明,而这些事情对于聪明但没有自闭症的人来说似乎非常难。

These excellency may include problems in science, art, math and music to name a few.

这些优点可能包括科学、艺术、数学和音乐等方面的问题。

Can you imagine someone who got the highest score in SATs twice but can’t ride a bicycle properly and get confused in easiest tasks, like opening a Push or Pull door?

你能想象一个人在SAT考试中得了两次最高分,但却不能正确地骑自行车,并且在最简单的任务中感到困惑,比如打开推拉门?

The third type also known as Pervasive Developmental Disorder or Atypical Autism.

第三种类型也称为广泛性发育障碍或非典型自闭症。

It usually involves more sociological and behavioral associated deviations and is a rather less studied type of autism.

它通常涉及更多的社会学和行为相关的偏差,是一种研究较少的自闭症类型。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
sociological [.səusjə'lɔdʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会学的

 
communication [kə.mju:ni'keiʃn]

想一想再看

n. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信

 
assess [ə'ses]

想一想再看

v. 估定,评定

 
psychological [.saikə'lɔdʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 心理(学)的

 
respond [ris'pɔnd]

想一想再看

v. 回答,答复,反应,反响,响应
n.

联想记忆
pervasive [pə:'veisiv]

想一想再看

adj. 普遍的,蔓延的,渗透的

联想记忆
involve [in'vɔlv]

想一想再看

vt. 包含,使陷入,使忙于,使卷入,牵涉

联想记忆
score [skɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱
vt. 记分,刻

联想记忆
engage [in'geidʒ]

想一想再看

v. 答应,预定,使忙碌,雇佣,订婚

 
cognitive ['kɔgnitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 认知的,认识的,有认识力的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。