手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一起学英语-2级 > 正文

第27节:如鱼离水 Fish out of Water

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello, Ms. Weaver!

你好,韦弗女士!

Oh, Anna. I've invited some people to dinner Saturday.

噢,安娜。我邀请了一些人周六共进晚餐。

We're going to that new seafood restaurant -- Fish on a Dish.

我们要去那家新开的海鲜餐厅——Fish on a Dish。

Why don't you join us? My treat.

你为什么不和我们一起去呢?我请客。

Thanks, Ms. Weaver. But I already have plans. My friend has invited me to her houseboat.

谢谢,韦弗女士。但我已经有安排了。我的朋友邀请我去她的船屋。

Houseboat, really? That's unique.

船屋,真的吗?那是独特的。

Yes, it is. In fact, I'm thinking of living on a houseboat.

是的,它是独特的。事实上,我在考虑住在船屋里。

Aren't you too tall and klutzy to live on a houseboat?

难道你不是又高又笨而不适合住在船屋里吗?

I am not too tall!

我个子不是太高!

Hmm, is Anna really ready for a houseboat?

嗯,安娜真的准备好住在船屋里了吗?

Ms. Weaver invited Anna to dinner. When we make friendly, informal invitations, we use phrases like "Why don't…?”

韦弗女士邀请安娜共进晚餐。当我们发出友好的、非正式的邀请时,我们会使用诸如“为什么不……?”这样的短语。

For example, Ms. Weaver said, "Why don't you join us? My treat!"

例如,韦弗女士说,“你为什么不和我们一起去呢?我请客!”

That's: Why don't plus the subject plus the simple form of the verb.

那就是:Why don't+主语+动词原形。

Anna responded to the invitation by saying, "Thanks, but I already have plans."

安娜对邀请的回应是:“谢谢,但我已经有安排了。”

Keep watching for more examples of informal invitations!

继续看以寻找更多有关非正式邀请的例子吧!

Anna, I'm so glad you could come!

安娜,我很高兴你能来!

Hi, Fanny! Hi, this is my son, Phoenix. Hi, Phoenix. Hello.

嗨,范妮!嗨,这是我儿子,菲尼克斯。嗨,菲尼克斯。你好。

How about you give Anna a tour and I will make some lunch?

你带安娜参观一下,我去做午餐怎么样?

Aye, aye, captain! Great!

是,是,船长!太棒了!

Do you really call her "captain"? I kind of have to.

你真的叫她“船长”吗?我不得不这么叫。

So, Phoenix, I think I'd like to live on a houseboat. Do you like living here?

那么,菲尼克斯,我认为我想住在船屋里。你喜欢住在这里吗?

I love it! It's much different than living in a house.

我喜欢它!这和住在房子里很不一样。

Oh, I bet. I bet you had to get rid of a lot of stuff, didn't you?

哦,我敢打赌。我打赌你得扔掉很多东西,不是吗?

We moved from a 3-story house to a boat! So, we really had to downsize!

我们从一栋三层楼的房子搬到了一艘船上!所以,我们真的不得不减少物品!

I'd have to get rid of a lot of stuff. I have a rock collection and I have some really big rocks.

我得扔掉很多东西。我收集了一些石头,我有一些很大的石头。

Can you stop this boat from rocking for a minute?

你能让这条船别晃了吗?

No. We're floating on water. I can't do that.

不。我们浮在水面上。我不能那么做。

Well, since you live on the water, aren't you afraid of great white sharks?

嗯,既然你住在水上,难道你不怕大白鲨吗?

No, not really. They don't live in these waters.

不,不害怕。它们不生活在这片水域。

… that you know of. What about killer whales? No.

……你知道呀。那虎鲸呢?不害怕。

Electric eels? No. Barracudas? No. Piranhas? Uh-uh.

电鳗呢?不害怕。梭鱼呢?不害怕。食人鱼呢?嗯……。

You know, Anna, if you're afraid of sea life, maybe you shouldn't live on a houseboat. Do you have any boating experience?

你知道,安娜,如果你害怕海洋生物,也许你不应该住在船屋里。你坐过船吗?

Oh, oh yeah, Fanny. I have battled the great waters before -- once on a swan boat and once in a duck boat…bus. It was a boat that turned into a bus.

哦,哦,是的,范妮。我以前在一大片水中漂浮过——一次是乘天鹅船,一次是乘鸭子船…巴士。那是一艘可以变成巴士的船。

Yeah, I don't think that counts.

是的,我觉得那不算。

Fanny, does this rocking ever bother you?

范妮,船这样晃动没有困扰你?

No, I love it. It goes up and down and side to side and up and down. Anna, I love it!

不,我很喜欢。它上下左右晃动。安娜,我很喜欢!

Anna, are you feeling okay?

安娜,你感觉还好吗?

Yeah, yeah. You know, I just need some fresh air.

是的,是的。你知道,我只是需要一些新鲜空气。

Let me open a window for you.

让我为你打开一扇窗户。

No, I need some fresh land air. I mean, I need to breathe air on land. Oh, is that the time? I should really be going.

不,我需要一些新鲜的陆地空气。我是说,我需要在陆地上呼吸空气。哦,是现在吗?我真的该走了。

Thanks for lunch, Fanny, and a tour of your houseboat. It's given me a great idea!

谢谢你的午餐,范妮,还有参观你的船屋。这给了我一个好主意!

You're going to live on a houseboat?

你要住在船屋里吗?

Sort of. Thanks again!

有点。再次感谢!

Hi! How would you like to hang out on my boat? Great! See you then!

嗨!你想去我的船上玩吗?太棒了!再见!

…and this is my shark net.

……这是我的鲨鱼网。

Thank you for the invitation, Anna.

谢谢你的邀请,安娜。

Of course, would you like more orange juice? Uh… Ahoy!

不客气,你要再来点橙汁吗?呃……啊嘿!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
informal [in'fɔ:məl]

想一想再看

adj. 非正式的,不拘形式的

 
weaver ['wi:və]

想一想再看

n. 织布者,织工

 
shark [ʃɑ:k]

想一想再看

n. 鲨鱼
n. 贪婪的人,放高利贷的人,老手

 
collection [kə'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 收集,收取,聚集,收藏品,募捐

联想记忆
invitation [.invi'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 邀请,招待,邀请函,引诱,招致

 
unique [ju:'ni:k]

想一想再看

adj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的

联想记忆
bother ['bɔðə]

想一想再看

v. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心
n. 烦扰,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。