Welcome to English in a Minute.
欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目。
A swamp is an area of land that's often covered with water.
沼泽指的是一块表面常有积水的土地。
So, what do you think this idiom means?
那么,你认为这个习语是什么意思呢?
To Be Swamped.
忙得不可开交。
I am so tired. I don't think I've slept for two days.
我太累了。我想我已经两天没睡了。
Why haven't you been sleeping?
你为什么一直不睡觉呢?
I've been swamped with work. It just seems like I'm never able to get everything done.
我工作忙得不可开交。我好像永远都有做不完的事情。
Jonathan, you need your sleep! Your health is more important than work.
乔纳森,你需要睡觉!你的健康比工作更重要。
You're right. But what I really need is a vacation.
你说的对。但我真正需要的是休假。
As a verb, "swamp" means to cover or fill with too much water.
作为动词,“swamp”的意思是用太多的水覆盖或填满。
The idiom "to be swamped" means to have too much to do.
“to be swamped”这个习语的意思是有太多的事情要做。
It might feel like you'll never finish everything you have to do.
你可能会觉得自己永远也完成不了手头的所有工作。