Welcome to English in a Minute from home.
欢迎来到居家版《一分钟英语》栏目。
Baseball is a popular sport in the U.S.
棒球在美国是一项很受欢迎的运动。
So, it's no surprise we have a lot of baseball-related idioms, like this one:
所以我们有很多与棒球相关的习语也就不足为奇了,比如这个:
Hit it out of the park.
Hit it out of the park。
Hey Anna, how did your live-streamed puppet show go?
嘿,安娜,你直播的木偶剧怎么样了?
Jonathan, we hit it out of the park!
乔纳森,我们可谓大获成功!
People laughed. People cried. People cheered!
有人笑,有人哭。还有人欢呼!
Wow, that's awesome!
哇,太棒了!
So,you could see the audience reaction even online?
所以你都能在网上看到观众的反应了吗?
Well... no. But I could feel it.
额...不能。但我能感觉到。
As an idiom "to hit it out of the park" means to do something really well.
作为一个习语,“to hit it out of the park”的意思是把某事做得非常好。
You can use this expression for just about anyone, even puppets!
你可以对任何人使用这个表达,甚至是木偶!
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。