Hello, everyone. Today I start my new job! Awesome!
大家好。今天我要开始我的新工作了!太棒了!
I meet my new boss and my co-workers. I am excited but nervous. Here I go.
我要去见我的新老板和我的同事。我很兴奋,但也很紧张。我要开始了。
Come in. Well, Anna, welcome. Thank you.
进来。安娜,欢迎你。谢谢。
I am your boss, Caty Weaver. But, please call me Caty.
我是你的老板,凯蒂·韦弗。但是,请叫我凯蒂。
Thank you, Ms. Weaver. Just Caty. Sure thing, Ms. Weaver.
谢谢你,韦弗女士。叫凯蒂就可以。好的,韦弗女士。
Okay then. Are you excited? Yes, I am excited!
好吧。你很兴奋吗?是的,我很兴奋!
So sorry, but I am busy. Please meet your co-workers. But remember, they are busy working.
很抱歉,我很忙。请去见见你的同事。但请记住,他们在忙着工作。
Sure. Thanks, Ms. Weaver.
好的。谢谢,韦弗女士。
Hi there! I'm Anna. Hi, Anna. I'm Anne.
你好!我叫安娜。你好,安娜。我叫安妮。
Nice to meet you. What are you doing?
见到你很高兴。你在做什么呢?
Um, I'm writing. You are writing! You are writing a lot!
嗯,我正在写东西。你正在写东西!你写了好多!
Oh! Oh dear. No! No! That's okay. I am sorry! That's okay. I am sorry! Really.
哦!天哪。不!不!没关系。对不起!没关系。真的对不起。
Please. Please. Please stop. Please. Sorry. Sorry.
请停下来。对不起。对不起。
What are you doing? I'm writing.
你在做什么呢?我正在写东西。
And people all around the world are waiting to hear news about the next president…
全世界的人们都在等着听有关下一任总统的消息……
Jonathan, hi! Remember me? I live in your building.
乔纳森,嗨!你还记得我吗?我和你住在一栋楼里。
Oh. Uh. Hi, Anna.
哦。嗯。嗨,安娜。
What are you doing? I am doing my show!
你正在做什么呢?我正在做我的节目!
Oh, sorry. Are you recording?
哦,对不起。你在录音吗?
Yes! And, now I have to record again!
是的!不过现在我得再录一遍了!
Sorry. Have a good show!
对不起。希望你录制顺利!
Thank you. Sorry.
谢谢你。对不起。
The word of the day is social. Social is an adjective. Oh! Hi!
今天的词汇是social。social是一个形容词。哦!嗨!
Hi! I'm Anna! Hi. I'm Amelia. Nice to meet you!
嗨!我叫安娜!嗨。我叫阿米莉亚。见到你很高兴!
What are you doing? I'm reading.
你正在做什么呢?我在朗读。
Are you reading the news? Hi! No, I'm reading for my show.
你在读新闻吗?嗨!不,我在为我的节目朗读。
Can I read again?
我能再读一遍吗?
Sorry. This day is not going well.
对不起。这一天过得不太顺利。
Are you recording? Are you reading the news?
你正在录音吗?你正在读新闻吗?
Anna! Hi! What're you doing?
安娜!嗨!你正在做什么呢?
I am bothering people, Ms. Weaver.
我在打扰别人,韦弗女士。
Let's go to my office and talk.
我们去我的办公室谈谈吧。
I like to talk with you, Ms. Weaver.
我想和你谈谈,韦弗女士。
It's Caty. Right. Thanks...Ms. Weaver
叫我凯蒂。好的。谢谢……韦弗女士。
In the present continuous tense, verbs end in "ing".
现在进行时中的动词以“ing”结尾。
In careful speech, Americans pronounce the "g" at the end of the verb.
美国人在认真讲话时会发出动词末尾的“g”音。
However in fast speech, many Americans do not pronounce the "g" at the end of the verb.
然而,许多美国人在快速讲话时不发出动词末尾的“g”音。
The result sounds like this: writin', doin', readin'.
结果听起来是这样的:writin', doin', readin'。