Hey, everyone!
嘿,大家好!
Sqweek's came up with a new game for us to play.
吱吱为我们准备了一个新游戏。
It's called guess that emotion, and in this game Squeaks Night will each act like we would when we're feeling different emotions.
这个游戏叫做猜测情绪,在这个游戏中,吱吱会像我们一样表现出不同的情绪。
Then we'll try to guess the emotion, the other is acting out.
然后我们试着猜测对方的情绪,当对方在表演的时候。
Let's try it! I'll go first.
让我们试一试! 我先做。
Let me think. I got it.
让我想一想。我猜到了。
I'm sorry, Squeaks. I'm not actually mad at you.
对不起,吱吱。 我不是生你的气。
We're playing a game, remember?
我们是在玩游戏,记得吗?
But I guess you did technically guess what emotion I was acting out. I was pretending to be mad.
但我猜你确实猜出了我当时表演的情绪。我在假装生气。
Do you remember when we learned what happens when we actually get mad?
你还记得我们学过生气时会发生什么吗?
Squeaks and I are making different funny faces for some photos.
吱吱和我为拍一些照片,在做不同的鬼脸。
Let's try a really silly face. Rready?
让我们尝试一个很傻的表情。准备好了吗?
Okay, now a really sad face.
好的,现在摆一个伤心的表情。
Let's try a surprise face.
让我们尝试一个惊喜的表情。
Can you guess this one?
你能猜到这个表情吗?
That's right,it's my angry face.
对啦,这是生气的表情。
Could you tell that I looked angry?
你能看出来我很生气吗?
There might have been some clues that gave it away.
可能有一些线索泄露了它。
I did move my eyebrows down and I had a pretty big frown when people feel angry.
我确实把我的眉毛往下耷拉,当别人生气的时候,我就会狠狠地皱起眉头。
Many of us have some of the same reactions.
我们中的许多人都有一些相同的反应。
Think about the last time you were angry, maybe you lost a game or asked for something, and a grown-up said no and suddenly you start to feel a bit mad.
想想上次你生气的时候,也许你输了一场比赛或者想要什么东西,一个成年人拒绝了你,突然你开始觉得有点生气。
You might clench your teeth together, your stomach might hurt a bit, and you start breathing fast.
你可能会咬紧牙关,你的胃可能会有点痛,你开始呼吸急促。
My face scrunches up, even pretending to do all those things.
我的脸皱成一团,甚至假装在做这些事。
Anger is a really powerful emotion or feeling, and when you feel angry, your body starts to do different things all at once.
愤怒是一种非常强烈的情感或感觉,当你感到愤怒时,你的身体会立刻开始做不同的事情。
Our bodies are great at taking care of us and preparing us for anything that could be seen as a threat, in other words, something that might be bad for us.
我们的身体很擅长照顾我们,让我们为任何可能被视为威胁的事情做好准备,换句话说,就是可能对我们有害的事情。
When you get angry, your brain starts sending messages to the rest of the body that there might be a threat coming,
当你生气时,你的大脑开始向身体的其他部分发送信息,说可能有威胁要来,
even if all that happened was that you lost a game or didn't get something you wanted,but your body wants to keep you safe,
即使发生的一切只是你输了一场比赛或没有得到你想要的东西,但你的身体想要保护你的安全,
even if you're angry about something that isn't a big threat, your body starts to react as though there might be danger or a fight about to happen.
即使你对不是什么大威胁的事情感到愤怒,你的身体也会开始做出反应,好像有危险或战斗即将发生。
Your brain sends the signals out to get angry and fast.
你的大脑会迅速释放出生气的信号。
First, putting on an angry face warns others that you're mad, clenching your jaw and frowning are signs that tell possible threats to back off.
首先,摆出一副生气的表情是在警告别人你生气了,咬紧牙关和皱眉是提示潜在的威胁后退的信号。
Many other animals have special ways of showing that they're angry.
许多其他动物都有特殊的方式来表达它们的愤怒。
Dogs growl, cats arch their backs, and apes clench their jaws, and bare their teeth like us.
狗狂吠,猫拱起背,猿类像我们一样咬紧牙关,露出牙齿。
I didn't know that when squeaks gets mad, he might start squeaking louder, trying to sound big and tough.
我不知道,当吱吱生气的时候,他可能会叫得更响,试图让自己听起来更大、更强硬。
Sometimes, just showing that you're angry might be enough to scare off a threat,
有时候,仅仅表现出你的愤怒可能就足以吓跑威胁,
if the threat doesn't go away, and if you stay angry, your body will move on to other stages of preparation, your body gets ready to fight.
如果威胁没有消失,如果你继续生气,你的身体会进入其他准备阶段,你的身体会准备战斗。
This is when you might start to feel funny, because your body can take over a bit more here.
这时你可能会开始觉得不舒服,因为你的身体在此刻可以承受更多。
Your body puts all of its energy into being ready to fight, so it stops working on things like digesting food.
你的身体把所有的能量都投入到战斗中,所以它停止了消化食物的工作。
This can make your stomach hurt.
这会让你的胃疼。
Your eyes focus in on whatever is making you mad, noticing any changes or possible starts to a fight.
你的眼睛专注于任何让你生气的事情,注意到任何变化或可能开始的战斗。
Your brain even sends out messages to release adrenaline, a special chemical that can help you react more quickly, move faster or fight harder throughout your body.
你的大脑甚至会发出信息,释放肾上腺素,这是一种特殊的化学物质,可以帮助你全身更快地反应,更快地移动,或更努力地战斗。
In just a minute or two, you're ready to face off against any big threats.
一两分钟后,你就可以面对任何巨大的威胁了。
It is amazing how well our bodies work to protect us.
我们的身体是如何保护我们的,这是令人惊讶的。
But most of these reactions aren't needed for many of the things that make us angry from day to day.
但这些反应中的大多数都不需要用于每天让我们生气的许多事情。
Our anger instincts are there to keep us safe, if something really bad were to happen.
我们的愤怒本能是为了保护我们的安全,如果真的有什么糟糕的事情发生。
But most of the time we don't have to fight, if we're angry about something, if someone disagrees with me, or I'm disappointed, because I lost a game.
但大多数时候,我们不需要吵架,如果我们对某事生气,如果有人不同意我的观点,或者我因为输了一场比赛而感到失望。
Getting into a fight isn't the right choice for me to make.
跟人吵架对我来说不是正确的选择。
It can be hard when you're feeling angry or upset to make good choices.
当你感到愤怒或沮丧时,很难做出正确的选择。
Because your body is running on overdrive, trying to keep you safe, but sometimes we might need to find a way to control angry feelings and instincts.
因为你的身体在超速运转,试图保护你的安全,但有时我们可能需要找到一种方法来控制愤怒的感觉和本能。
Well, squeaks, if I'm feeling angry, I try to take a few deep breaths,
吱吱,如果我感到生气,我会试着深呼吸几次,
and sometimes I'll count to ten really slowly to give my brain and my body time to cool off before I decide what to do.
有时我会非常缓慢地数到十,让我的大脑和身体有时间冷静下来,然后再决定做什么。
I also try to make sure that I get enough to eat and plenty of sleep.
我也努力确保我有足够的食物和充足的睡眠。
When people are tired or hungry, they can get angry much faster.
当人们累了或饿了,他们会更容易生气。
Maybe you can try out these tricks.
也许你可以试试这些技巧。
The next time you get angry or frustrated and see which one works for you.
下次你生气或沮丧的时候,看看哪一种方法对你有效。