Sheep, sheep, sheep!
羊儿们!
Hi, guys. Hi, Bubbles. Hi, Walter. Hi, Dolly. Hey, momma. Hi, baby. Hi, Alvie.
嗨各位。嗨,泡泡。嗨,沃尔特。嗨,多里。嗨,麻麻。嗨,宝贝。嗨,阿尔维。
One, two, three.
一、二、三。
Janie's farm didn't start out with animals that were missing limbs.
简妮的农场一开始并没有四肢不全的小羊。
It just happened to come to her farm and she felt, well, prothetic technology's helped me, it could certainly help them.
它只是碰巧来到了她的农场,然后她想,既然修复科技能帮助我,那肯定也能帮到它们吧。
I can't imagine not having not having an artificial leg because I lost my leg at 10 and I'm quite used to it.
我没法想象没有假肢是什么样,因为我在10岁时就失去了腿,我已经非常习惯它了。
It's thanks to medical science that I'm able to live this normal life.
多亏了医学我才能过上这种正常的生活。
And for these animals, I want no different for them.
我希望对于这些动物也是这样。
Hi, Felix.
嗨,菲利克斯。
What goes on at Woodstock Farm Sanctuary on a daily basis?
伍德斯托克农场保护区日常是怎样的呢?
We're home to right now around 300 rescued farm animals.
大约有300只获救的农场动物生活在这里。
They've all come from bad places and they get the veterinary care, the healthcare that they need on a daily basis.
它们都从一些很糟糕的地方来,在这里接受兽医治疗,每天接受医疗保健。
Hi, Precious.
嗨,普雷舍斯。
What's the matter with you?
你怎么了?
No, she's feisty.
没事,她比较活跃。
Can you come help me with Felix?
你能过来帮我搞定菲利克斯吗?
They're all actually in the front pasture.
它们都在前面的牧场。
Little Felix came to us a baby lamb and he had come from a big sheep farm.
小菲利克斯刚来的时候是个羊羔宝宝,他从一个大的羊场来。
And overnight, some sort of predator had gotten in and they found little Felix with his leg chewed off.
一天夜里,一些捕食者进来咬掉了小菲利克斯的腿。
And so, I spoke to my prosthetist, the gentleman who makes my legs, Eric.
于是,我跟帮我做假肢的医生艾瑞克谈了谈。
Ah, I don't if many clinicians would have went out to the farm.
我不知道临床医生们会不会去农场。
I don't have any experience with fitting prosthetics on animals.
我没有为动物装假肢的经验。
Very few people in the country do.
整个国家做这个的也很少。
So, I figured if I could take what knowledge that I do have and apply it to the animal I could probably get them to utilize a prosthesis.
所以,我想如果我可以将我的知识运用在动物身上,或许我可以让它们用上假肢。
And it wasn't until we got hooked up SUNY New Paltz and their 3-D printing lab that we were able to make something pretty cool and cutting edge for him.
直到我们与纽约州立大学新帕尔茨分校的3D打印实验室合作,我们才有能力做出了一些非常酷的前沿的东西。
Seeing him walk on the leg was absolutely amazing.
看到它能用腿走路实在太棒了。
From my limited interactions with him, he isn't necessarily the most outgoing sheep in the world.
从我和它有限的互动来看,它不一定是世界上最外向的羊。
He's actually very sheepish.
他实际上挺腼腆的。
But, what he ended up doing was he started running away from us which was amazing.
但它最终做到了从我们身边跑开,这太棒了。
We were just jumping for joy that he could actually get up and run, keep up with his flock.
我们开心得要跳起来,它可以真正站起来跑,跟上它的伙伴。
He looked like he was a very happy sheep.
它看起来是一只非常开心的羊。
If we could do this more on other animals we wouldn’t, you know, have to put them down.
如果我们能为更多的动物做这样的事,那你知道的,就不用杀死它们。
Most of the world doesn't fully understand it.
世界上大多数人并不完全理解这件事。
They think of them as just farmed animals, but we hope that that changes.
他们只把它们当成农场动物,但我们希望能有所改变。
And that's part of the magic of what we do here.
那是我们在这里所创造的神奇的一部分。
They get pastures to roam in, access to the sun and to the grass.
它们可以在牧场上漫步,享受充足的阳光和青草。
They live life the way they were intended to live.
它们按照自己的意愿生活。
There's no greater joy.
没有比这更快乐的事了。