手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第93期:专业一点,不要在工作场合说这些!(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Let's keep going.

让我们继续吧!

Situation number three.

第三种情景。

Uh—oh. . . Your boss or a customer is angry or disappointed about something.

呃......你的顾客或者是老板对某件事情很生气或者是很失望。

Now, it could be something that you did personally, like, maybe you were late or perhaps it's not actually your fault

可能是你做的某件事情,比如说迟到,或者其实并不是你的错,

but you still need to deal with this situation.

但是你需要处理这种情况。

This is ridiculous! I drove the whole way down here to pick the thing up. I even rang you this morning and now you're telling me it's not ready?

这真的非常荒谬!我开了那么远的路去接,甚至早晨还给你打电话了,现在你告诉我还没准备好?

Okay. . .

好吧……

Okay? That's all you've got. . . Okay?

好吧?你就说句好吧?

Yes.

是的。

Alright, so nobody really wants to deal with angry or frustrated customers, do they?

好的,没有人真的想去与生气的或者是沮丧的顾客打交道,对吧?

And if something like that's ever happened to you, you might even freeze up and get really awkward.

如果这种事情发生在你身上的话,你可能会不知所措,非常尴尬。

It's not really a good look, right?

这种情况真的不太好,是吧?

But of course, there's always going to be someone who's unhappy or frustrated about something at some point.

但是当然了,总会有人在某个时刻对某件事情不开心或者是垂头丧气。

It's just part of working life, isn't it?

那就是工作的一部分,对吧?

So, it's a good idea to have a plan so in those situations you've got something to say to make the situation better and not worse!

所以,在面对这样的情况时,最好计划好该说些什么以改善情况。

Lucky for you there are two really important words that will make everything a little better.

幸运的是,我为大家准备了两个非常重要的单词,能够改善局势。

I understand.

我理解。

Simple, huh?

很简单,对吧?

So before you freeze up and just say "okay" or "yes", just remember, all you need to say is "I understand".

在你目瞪口呆地说“好吧”或者“是的”之前,要记住,你需要说的就是“我理解”。

With these really simple words, for just a moment, you can make the situation better.

有了这些简单的词汇,你很快就可以改善情况了。

You'll help the other person to see that you're listening and show them that you care about helping them

这样有助于让另一个人明白你在非常认真地聆听,告诉他们你很关心他们,想要帮助她们,

and of course, then you need to offer something to help the situation, right?

当然了,你需要提供一些帮助来改善情况,对吧?

A solution.

你需要提供解决方案。

So try these with me.

和我一起试一下吧。

I understand. Let's see what we can do.

我理解。让我们看看能做什么吧。

I'm sorry, I understand. Let's see what we can do about this.

不好意思,我理解。让我们看看能做什么吧。

Notice that I used the word 'let's' and 'we' instead of 'I'.

注意哦,我用的是“let's”和“we”,而不是“I”。

This is a really great way to involve the other person in the solution.

在解决问题使最好将其他人融入进来。

I understand you've come all this way and it's not ready.

我理解你费了那么大的劲儿,但是还没有准备好。

Let's see what we can do.

让我们看看能做什么吧。

Awesome! So you're ready for the next one, right?

太棒了!你准备好下一个了吧?

Situation number four, numero cuatro.

第四种情况。

Well when you're keeping somebody waiting, what should you do?

好的,当你让某个人等你的话,你应该做什么呢?

Maybe you're busy with another customer, maybe you're on a phone call or maybe you really need to go to the toilet and you've got to leave quickly.

可能你忙着陪另外一个顾客,可能你在打电话,或者是需要去洗手间,需要快点离开。

Whatever the case, the worst thing that you could possibly say is:

不管什么情况,你可能会说的最差的话就是:

images.jpg

Things are just really busy today so it's taking a bit longer than usual.

我昨天太忙了,所以需要花比平时多一点时间。

Yeah, yeah we've just had loads of new clients come in.

是的,我们有超多顾客来了。

No no no no no no no. This is not good, okay? You know this situation right? It's just rude.

不不不不不。这并不好,对吧?你知道这个情况,对吧?这样真的很不礼貌。

But fortunately there are a couple of phrases that you can memorise that will have you sounding really professional and keep the person who's waiting happy.

但是幸运的是,我为大家准备了一些需要记住的短语,这些能让你听起来更加专业,也让那个等待的人开心一点。

So the first one is: I'll be with you in a moment.

第一个是:我马上过去找你。

And this expression just lets them know that you know that they're there and that you won't be long until you give them your full attention.

这个表达能够让他们知道你知道他们在哪里,用不了多久就会去帮助他们。

So say it with me.

和我一起说一下吧。

I'll be with you in a moment.

我马上过去找你。

Brilliant! Alright and the second one is: Sorry to keep you waiting, I'll be right there.

太棒了!好的,第二个是:不好意思让你久等了,我马上去。

You try it. Sorry to keep you waiting,I'll be there with you in just a minute.

你们来试一下吧。不好意思让你久等了。我马上过去找你。

Can you think of any other ways to respond in this type of situation?

你能想到其他的方式来应对这种情况吗?

If you can, add them to the comments below.

如果你可以的话,那就添加在评论区吧。

Situation number five.

第五种情况。

So when somebody asks you a question but you didn't quite hear them or maybe you didn't understand them. What should you do?

当有人问你一个问题,但是你没有怎么听清,或者是不理解的话。你应该怎么做呢?

Hey Emma, do you reckon you can let the guys go early this afternoon? I'm gonna nick off too.

嘿,Emma,你觉得你能让这些人今天下午早点走吗?我要睡个觉。

What?

什么?

Never say "what". Ever. Okay?

不要说“what”,永远不要。好吗?

This is one that the parents and teachers of English speaking children are always trying to teach them

这是英语母语的父母和老师一直在教孩子的话,

and it's a really big no-no in the workplace.

但是在工作场合真的是一个大忌。

You can sound much more professional by saying: I'm sorry, I missed that.

你可以说:不好意思,我没听清,这样会听起来更加专业。

You try it.

你可以试一下。

I'm sorry, I missed that. Could you say it again, please?

不好意思,我没听清,能请你再说一遍吗?

Awesome! So now try: Sorry, would you mind just repeating that?

太棒了!现在试一下:不好意思,您能再说一遍吗?

Sorry, would you mind just repeating that for me? I missed it.

不好意思,你介意再说一遍吗?我没听到。

Now there are lots of different ways to let someone know that you didn't understand them, right?

有不同的方式能够让别人知道你没有理解他们,对吧?

And politely ask them to repeat themselves a little more clearly.

礼貌地让他们更清楚地重复一遍。

Can you think of any other ways that you could say the same thing?

你能想到其他的方式吗?

If you can, add them into the comments.

如果可以的话,那就添加在评论区吧。

So I hope this lesson has given you some options to help you sound a little more professional at work.

我希望这节课能够给大家一些选择,帮助大家在工作场合听起来更加专业。

If you want to keep working on your professional English, I've got a couple of other lessons right here that are perfect for you.

如果你们想要提升职业英语的话,我有非常适合大家的其他课程。

And I make new videos here every week on the mmmEnglish Channel.

我每周都会在美味英语频道发布新的课程。

So make sure you hit the subscribe button just down there so that you don't miss out on any of them.

点关注,不迷路。

And thank you very much for joining me and I look forward to seeing you in the next lesson!

谢谢大家的观看,期待下节课再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
respond [ris'pɔnd]

想一想再看

v. 回答,答复,反应,反响,响应
n.

联想记忆
solution [sə'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液

联想记忆
freeze [fri:z]

想一想再看

v. 冻结,冷冻,僵硬,凝固
n. 结冰,冻结

 
brilliant ['briljənt]

想一想再看

adj. 卓越的,光辉的,灿烂的
n. 宝石

联想记忆
fault [fɔ:lt]

想一想再看

n. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层

 
ridiculous [ri'dikjuləs]

想一想再看

adj. 荒谬的,可笑的

联想记忆
awkward ['ɔ:kwəd]

想一想再看

adj. 笨拙的,尴尬的,(设计)别扭的

 
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
unhappy [ʌn'hæpi]

想一想再看

adj. 不快乐的,不高兴的

 
disappointed [.disə'pɔintid]

想一想再看

adj. 失望的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。