手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 失落的致富经典 > 正文

第12期:让生命更加充实富裕(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

You do not want to get rich solely to enjoy mental pleasures,

此外,如果当你发现生活的目标不过是满足心理需求,

to get knowledge, to gratify ambition, to outshine others, to be famous.

即不断地获取知识,让自己的雄心壮志得以实现,以无限的光芒照耀别人,让身边的人全都相形见绌,你大概会感到有些失落。

All these are a legitimate part of life,

其实,这一切都是构成真正生活的要素,

but the man who lives for the pleasures of the intellect alone will only have a partial life, and he will never be satisfied with his lot.

但是,仅仅满足了心理需求的生活是不完整的,任何人都不会就此而心满意足。

You do not want to get rich solely for the good of others, to lose yourself for the salvation of mankind, to experience the joys of philanthropy and sacrifice.

最后,即使你能够做到为了他人牺牲自我,全心地投入到关乎国计民生的社会公益及慈善事业当中,并且相当享受由此所带来的种种愉悦感,我也不能说你就已经完全领略了生活的真谛。

The joys of the soul are only a part of life;

真正的生活当中固然包含了陶冶和愉悦灵魂,但这从来都不是生活的全部,

and they are no better or nobler than any other part.

而且无论从任何角度来说,这部分的生活也不会比生活的其他组成要素更高贵,或者说更好!

You want to get rich in order that you may eat, drink, and be merry when it is time to do these things;

你想致富,因为你想在任何自已想尽享美食和欢乐的时候都能如愿以偿:

in order that you may surround yourself with beautiful things, see distant lands, feed your mind, and develop your intellect;

你想致富,因为你希望自已能够拥有世界上所有的美好事物,能够去领略遥远异乡的风土人情,能够享有足够的精神食粮,让自己变得更聪慧;

in order that you may love men and do kind things, and be able to play a good part in helping the world to find truth.

你想致富,因为你热爱生活,关心他人,希望自己能够在有限的生命当中尽情释放自己的能量,让自己变得更精彩、更充实!

But remember that extreme altruism is no better and no nobler than extreme selfishness;

不过,我想提醒你的是,完全的利他主义并不比自私自利更高尚。

both are mistakes.

事实上,两者的本质是一样的,都是错误的生活态度。

Get rid of the idea that God wants you to sacrifice yourself for others,

抛弃所谓的上天希望你能为他人牺牲自已的错误思想吧,

and that you can secure his favor by doing so;

事实上,上天并不会因为你的这一做法而格外垂青于你,

God requires nothing of the kind.

因为上天从来没有过一丝一毫这样的想法。

What he wants is that you should make the most of yourself, for yourself, and for others;

而整个生活希望看到的是,你在人生的舞台上最大限度地展现自我,享受生活,不仅仅是为你自己,也是为他人,

and you can help others more by making the most of yourself than in cry other way.

因为这是履行生命职责和义务的最好方式,也是对他人最好的帮助。

You can make the most of yourself only by getting rich;

要想在人生舞台上最大限度地展现自我,致富是惟一的途径。

rich-get-richer.png

so it is right and praiseworthy that you should give your first and best thought to the work of acquiring wealth.

因此,将致富列为首要目标,并为此投人所有精力的人自然就是这世上最明智的人,这一行为自然也是所有行为当中最值得赞扬和鼓励的一种。

Remember, however, that the desire of Substance is for all, and its movements must be for more life to all;

不过,当你这样做的时候,请千万记住这一物质的渴望必须完整包含生活的全部,而且其面向的对象是字宙中所有有生命的物质。

it cannot be made to work for less life to any,

所以,任何方面的缺失都是对它的误解。

because it is equally in all, seeking riches and life.

如同世间万物皆平等一样,这一物质渴望的每一个组成部分都是平等的,它们共有同一个目标:追求财富和完整的生活。

Intelligent Substance will make things for you, but it will not take things away from some one else and give them to you.

当你能做到这一点时,前文所提到的智能物质便会为你准备好一切所需的工具或资源,不过,这并不意味着另一个人就会因此而失去什么。

You must get rid of the thought of competition.

在这门致富的科学当中,根本不存在任何不正当的竞争,所以你必须抛弃过去那种竞争观念。

You are to create, not to compete for what is already created.

你所做的一切都是在创造,但创造的目的并不是为了与那些已经存在的事物竞争。

You do not have to take anything away from any one.

因此,你根本无须从任何人那里夺走任何东西。

You do not have to drive sharp bargains.

你也无须为了任何事物与他人讨价还价。

You do not have to cheat, or to take advantage.

你也无须为了达到目的而欺骗他人,或是占他人的便宜,

You do not need to let any man work for you for less than he earns.

更无须利用他人的廉价劳动力,剥削他人。

You do not have to covet the property of others, or to look at it with wishful eyes;

只要你掌握了这门致富的科学,你就不再需要对他人的财产垂涎三尺,更无须用嫉妒的眼光打量他们。

no man has anything of which you cannot have the like, and that without taking what he has away from him.

要知道,这世上没有任何东西是别人有而你却无法得到的,而所有这一切都不需要以剥夺他人的财产为代价。

You are to become a creator, not a competitor;

你将会成为一名伟大的创造者,而并非竞争者;

you are going to get what you want, but in such a way that when you get it every other man will have more than he has now.

你完全可以得到任何你想要的东西,只不过,当你得到它的时候,其他人则会得到更多。

I am aware that there are men who get a vast amount of money by proceeding in direct opposition to the statements in the paragraph above,

我非常清楚,有人已经通过上文中陈述的方法成功获取了大量的财富,

and may add a word of explanation here.

也许对此,他们比我更有发言权。

Men of the plutocratic type, who become very rich, do so sometimes purely by their extraordinary ability on the plane of competition;

有一类人,他们异常富裕,卓越的能力让他们在激烈的竞争当中异军突起,从而使得他们成功地获取了大量的财富,

and sometimes, they unconsciously relate themselves to Substance

所以有时候,他们根本意识不到自己获取的财富归根结底不过是工业革命的成果,

in its great purposes and movements for the general racial upbuilding through industrial evolution.

而这一切正是智能物质存在和运动的结果,其目的就在于提升人类社会的总体财富。

Rockefeller,Carnegie, Morgan, et al., have been the unconscious agents of the Supreme

洛克菲勒、卡内基、摩根等商业巨贾就是这场变革当中的代表人物。

in the necessary work of systematizing and organizing productive industry;

在这一巨大力量的推动下,工业生产力在系统化和有机化之后焕发了巨大的活力,而洛克菲勒等人恰恰是把握住了这一商机,

and in the end, their work will contribute immensely toward increased life for all.

不过,你却不必为此而嫉妒他们,因为他们的工作最终将为整个人类做出巨大的贡献,你的生活也会因此而变得更加充实。

Their day is nearly over;

而且,他们的时代即将结束,

they have organized production, and will soon be succeeded by the agents of the mulitude,

他们已经为我们建立好了下一步工作的框架,一个更加多元化的社会将会取而代之,新时代的代表人物也会随之涌现,

who will organize the machinery of distribution.

他们将会成为机械化大分工的执行者。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
compete [kəm'pi:t]

想一想再看

vi. 竞争,对抗,比赛

联想记忆
explanation [.eksplə'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 解释,说明

 
productive [prə'dʌktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 能生产的,有生产价值的,多产的

联想记忆
philanthropy [fi'lænθrəpi, fə-]

想一想再看

n. 慈善事业;博爱,慈善

联想记忆
opposition [.ɔpə'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反对,敌对,在野党

 
ambition [æm'biʃən]

想一想再看

n. 雄心,野心,抱负,精力
vt. 有 ..

联想记忆
extreme [ik'stri:m]

想一想再看

adj. 极度的,极端的
n. 极端,极限

 
wishful ['wiʃful]

想一想再看

adj. 渴望的,愿望的;寄予希望的

 
intellect ['intilekt]

想一想再看

n. 智力,理智,才智非凡的人,知识份子

联想记忆
extraordinary [iks'trɔ:dnri]

想一想再看

adj. 非凡的,特别的,特派的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。