Get to know your parents. You never know when they'll be gone for good.
理解你们的父母。你们永远不会知道他们什么时候会永远离开你们。
Be nice to your siblings.
善待你们的兄弟姐妹。
They're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.
他们是连接你和过去的最好纽带,也是未来最有可能陪着你们的人。
Don't expect anyone else to support you.
不要期望其他任何人会支持你们。
Maybe you have a trust fund. Maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse.
你们可能会有一个信托基金,你们可能会有一个有钱的配偶。
But you never know when either one might run out.
但你们永远不会知道什么时候其中一个可能就会耗尽了。
Be careful whose advice you buy. Advice is a form of nostalgia.
听取别人的建议时要慎重。建议是一种怀旧形式。
Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal,
给别人建议就像从垃圾里寻找过去,
wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than it's worth.
把它擦干净,粉饰其中丑陋的部分,再次利用它,让它产生更大的价值。
But trust me on the sunscreen.
但请相信我提的防晒霜的建议。