Welcome to English @ the Movies -- American Classics
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》(美国经典版)节目,
where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
我们会在这里讲解你在电影中听到的美式英语。
The 1950 movie "Sunset Boulevard" takes place in Hollywood, California.
1950年的电影《日落大道》,其故事背景是加利福尼亚的好莱坞。
Norma Desmond is an aging and forgotten silent film star.
诺玛·戴斯蒙德是一位上了年纪、被众人所遗忘的无声电影明星。
Her ex-husband works for her and plays along with her belief that she is still famous.
她的前夫为她工作,并且配合她,让她认为自己名气依然很大。
Police officers and news photographers come to her house on Sunset Boulevard after she murders a young man she hired to help her write a movie.
在诺玛杀了一个她雇来帮自己写电影的年轻人之后,警察和新闻摄影师赶到了位于日落大道的诺玛的家。
Listen for the line "I'm ready for my close-up."
留意听一下I'm ready for my close-up这句台词。
There's nothing else, just us.
这里什么都没有,只有我们。
And the cameras and those wonderful people out there in the dark.
还有摄影机,以及那些坐在黑暗里的优秀观众。
All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.
好了,德米勒先生,我已经准备好拍摄我的特写镜头了。
What do you think "I'm ready for my close-up" means?
你觉得I'm ready for my close-up是什么含义呢?
Is it: this is not real, or I think that I am an important person?
是说这不是真的,还是说我认为我是一个很重要的人?
All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.
好了,德米勒先生,我已经准备好拍摄我的特写镜头了。
"I'm ready for my close-up" is a way of saying, "I think that I am an important person."
I'm ready for my close-up是一种表示“我认为我是一个很重要的人”的方式。
In movies, major characters are often filmed close-up as a way of explaining their importance.
在电影中,主要人物拍摄时经常会有特写镜头,以此来表明他们的重要性。
Norma fools herself into thinking the news photographers are there to film a movie.
诺玛欺骗自己,让自己认为这些新闻摄影师是来拍电影的。