手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

迈克尔·乔丹的篮球名人堂演讲(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

So they started the fire in me -- that fire started with my parents.

他们在我心底燃起了一团火焰,这团火焰由我父母而生。
And as I moved on in my career people added wood to that fire.
在我之后的职业生涯道路上,人们不断的添柴加薪。
Coach Smith, you know what else can I say about him?
比如迪恩·史密斯教练,我还能怎么形容他呢?
You know, he's legendary in the game of coaching.
众所周知,他是个传奇教练。
And then there's Leroy Smith. Now you guys think that's a myth.
还有莱罗伊·史密斯。你们大概没有听过这个名字。
Leroy Smith was a guy when I got cut he made the team -- on the Varsity team -- and he's here tonight.
莱罗伊·史密斯就是那个在我被高中篮球校队踢出去之后顶替我的家伙,他今晚也在。
He's still the same 6'7" guy -- he's not any bigger -- probably his game is about the same.
他还是6尺7高,没怎么呢长个儿,打球水平估计和当年差不了多少。
But he started the whole process with me, because when he made the team and I didn't,
但确实是他,开启了我的整个旅程,因为当他入选而我落选的时候,
I wanted to prove not just to Leroy Smith, not just to myself, but to the coach that picked Leroy over me,
我不仅仅是想要向莱罗伊·史密斯证明,不仅仅要向我自己证明,最重要是给那个选了莱罗伊没选我的教练证明,
I wanted to make sure you understood -- you made a mistake dude.
我必须得让那家伙明白:哥们儿你犯了个大错啊。
And then there's Buzz Peterson, my roommate.
当然还有巴兹·彼得森,我当时的室友。
Now when I first met Buzz -- all I heard about was this kid from Asheville, North Carolina who's player of the year.
我第一次见到巴兹的时候,我就听说这个来自北卡罗来纳州阿什维尔的孩子是年度最佳球员。
I'm thinking, 'well he ain't never played against me yet, so how did he become Player of the Year?'
我当时就想了:他还没和我对过阵呢,他怎么就成为年度最佳球员了?
Is that some type of media exposure?
会不会是媒体曝光的原因?
You know I came from Wimbleton; you know we had two channels, channel ABC and channel NBC, that was it.
你们知道我来自温布尔登;我们当时只有两个电视频道,ABC频道和NBC频道,仅此而已。
I never saw NBA sports at all when I grew up;
我从小就没看过NBA的比赛,
we didn't have CBS affiliation in North Carolina in Wimbleton, so Buzz Peterson became a dot on my board.
在北卡罗来纳州温布尔登那里没有CBS频道,所以巴兹·彼得森成为了我的一个目标。
And when I got the chance to meet Buzz Peterson on the basketball court or in person
所以当我有机会在篮球场上与巴兹面对面的时候,
Buzz was a great person, it wasn't a fault of his.
插一句话,巴兹是个很好的人,他自己没有错。
It was just that my competitive nature
这只是因为我好胜的天性,
I didn't think that he could beat me, or he was better than me as a basketball player.
我不认为他能打败我,或者说作为一个篮球运动员,他比我更优秀。
And he became my roommate.
之后他成了我的室友。
And from that point on, he became a focal point -- not knowingly; he didn't know it -- but he did.
从那时起,他成了我的“眼中钉”,但是他当时什么都不知道,虽然后来知道了。
And Coach Smith, the day that he was on the Sports Illustrated
还有史密斯教练,当时接受《体育画报》采访的时候,
and he named four starters and he didn't name me -- that burned me up!
他赞扬了队里除了我的其他四个先发,这让我暴怒不已!
Because I thought I belonged on that Sports Illustrated.
因为我觉得我应该上那一期《体育画报》。
Now he had his own vision about giving a Freshman that exposure, and I totally understand that,
对于是否给一个新人如此曝光度,他有自己的见解,我也甚为认同,
but from a basketball sense I deserved to be on that Sports Illustrated, and he understand that.
但是从篮球角度来说,我应该上那一期《体育画报的》,他清楚这一点。
And it didn't stop there. You know, my competitive nature went right into the pros;
一切并不仅仅是这样。我的竞争天性伴随我进入到了职业当中,
I get to the Bulls, which I was very proud that
我来到了公牛队,我很自豪,
at the time Jerry Reinsdorf was not on the team. It was another organization.
那时球队老板还不是杰里·劳恩斯多夫,而是另一群管理层。
And Rob Thorn drafted me. Kevin Lockey was my first coach.
罗布·索恩在选秀时选了我,凯文·洛基是我的第一任教练。
Kevin used to take practices and put me in the starting five,
凯文在训练时把我放在先发球员里,
and he'd make it a competitive thing where the losing team would have to run.
他为了让训练更有竞争性,输掉训练的一队要跑圈。
So now I'm on the winning team,
刚开始我们这队领先,
and half way in the game, half way in the situation, he would switch me to the losing team.
但是半场的时候,凯文把我换到了落后的那一队。
So I take that as a competitive thing of you trying to test me
我把这个当作测试我的动力,
and 9 times out of 10 the second team would come back and win no matter what he did.
往往10次里面,有9次半场落后的这一队会反败为胜,无论他怎么做都一样。

迈克尔·乔丹的篮球名人堂演讲

So I appreciate Kevin Lockey for giving me that challenge

所以我很感谢凯文·洛基给我这样的挑战,
you know providing that type of fire within me; he threw another log on that fire for me.
他给我心底的那团火加上了不少柴火。
Jerry Reinsdorf, I mean what else can I say.
关于杰里·劳恩斯多夫,我还能说什么呢。
The next year when I came back I broke my foot; I was out of 65 games.
我的第二个赛季,我因为脚伤错过了65场比赛。
And when I came back I want to play.
康复之后我很想上场打球。
The doctor came with his old theory that you can play only seven minutes a game, but I am practicing two hours a day.
但队医坚持他的老一套,说我每场比赛只能打七分钟,而我每天都会训练两小时。
I am saying, well, I don't agree with that math.
我可不管这些算术上的问题。
And back then, whoever has the worst record gets the most balls in Ping-Pang balls,
在当时,谁的战绩最烂,谁就能得到最多的乒乓球,
you know you can decide what pick you can have, but I didn't care aobut that.
你就可以决定选什么,但我根本不在乎这一套。
I just wanted to win. I wanna make to playoffs. I wanna keep the energy going in Chicago.
我只想赢比赛。我只想进入季后赛。我只想公牛能保持那种向上的劲头。
So I had to go into his office and sat down with him and say
所以我去了他的办公室,坐下来对他说:
"Jerry, I feel like I should play more than 14 minutes and practice more than two hours."
“杰里,我觉得我应该每天训练两个多小时,每场打超过14分钟。”
He said, "we have to protect the long-term investment we've invested on you."
他说:“我们必须保护好我们在你身上的长线投资。”
I said, "I really think I should be able to play."
我说:“我真的想参加比赛。”
He said, "Let me ask you this, if you had a headache."
他说:“我这么问你吧,如果你头疼,”
At that time, there was ten percent chance that I can reinjure my ankle or my foot.
当时,确实有10%的可能性我会再次伤到脚踝或脚。
He said "if you had a headache and you got ten tablets, and one of them is coated with poison, would you take it?"
他说:“假如你头疼,有10个药片,其中有一个是有毒的,你还会吃药吗?”
I looked at him and said, "How bad is that headache? It depends on how bad is that headache."
我看看他,回答说,“那头疼有多严重?这得看头疼有多严重啊。”
Jerry looked at me and said, "You are OK, I guess you had a good answer, you can go back to play.
杰里看着我说:“你说的有道理,我想你已经给出了明确的答案,你可以去参加比赛了。
You let me allow you to go back and play."
你说服了我,你可以回去参加比赛了。
You know, Jerry provided a lot of different obstacles for me,
杰里给我创造了不少各式各样的难题,
but at the same time the guy gave me an opportunity to perform at the highest level in terms of basketball,
但是与此同时,他也给了我在篮球层面最高平台竞争的机会,
and the Bulls -- the whole Bulls organization did a great justice for me and all of my teammates
而公牛队,整个公牛队的管理层让我和我的所有队友得到了公正,
believe me, I had a lot of teammates over the 14 years that I played for the Bulls.
我整个14年的公牛生涯当中有很多很多的队友。
You know I respected each and every one of them, I just wanted to win.
我尊重他们每一个人,我只想赢球。
You know, no matter how you look at it.
不管你怎么看。
And then along came Doug Collins who was caught in the whole midst of this Jerry Kraus and Jerry Rainsdorf.
之后道格·柯林斯来了,他一直夹在杰里·克劳斯和杰里·莱因斯多夫之间。
And, at the same time, you know when I was trying to play in the summertime,
当我在夏季想要打打球的时候,
he said, "well, you're a part of the organization and the organization said you can't play in the summertime."
他说:“你是我们团队的一份子,而这个团队要求你不能在夏天打球。”
And I said "Doug, you haven't read the fine print in my contract.
我说:“道格,你没仔细看我的合同的附属细则。
In my contract I have the 'love the game clause', that means I can play anytime I want, any place I want."
我的合同里有这么一条“热爱比赛条款”,规定了随时随地,只要我想打球,就可以打。”
And Doug looked at me and said 'yea, you're right, you're right.'
道格看着我说:“好吧,你是对的。”
And that's how we became a little closer in terms of Doug Collins and myself.
这就是我和道格·柯林斯走得更近的原因。
And Jerry Kraus was right there, and Jerry is not here
杰里·克劳斯当时也在场,他今天不在,
I mean obviously, I don't know who invited him, I didn't, but...
我不知道有没有人邀请他,反正我没有。
I hope he understands, I hope he understands it goes a long way,
我希望他能理解,我希望他能理解,
and he was a very competitive person and I was a very competitive person.
他是个非常好胜的人,我也一样。
He said 'Organizations win championships'.
他曾说过,“赢冠军靠管理层。”
I said, 'I didn't see organizations playing with the Flu in Utah. I didn't see them playing with a bad ankle.'
而我要说,“我没见过管理层在犹他抗着流感打比赛的。我也没见过管理层脚踝带伤打比赛。”
Granted, I think organizations put together teams, but at the end of the day, the team has to go out and play.
当然,我认为管理层能整合起一支队伍,但是最终还是要靠球员上场打球。
You know, so in essence, I think the players win the championship,
从这个角度来说,我觉得球员赢得总冠军,
and the organization has something to do with it -- don't get me wrong.
管理层起到很大的帮助作用,但是别误会。
But don't try to put the organization above the players,
不要想着把管理层作用凌驾在球员之上,
because at the end of the day the players still got to go out there and perform.
因为到头来还是球员们上场打球。
You guys gotta pay us, but I still gotta go out and play.
你们负责给我们工资,但是打球还要靠我。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
beat [bi:t]

想一想再看

v. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动
n. 敲打,

 
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
clause [klɔ:z]

想一想再看

n. 条款,款项,[语]从句,分句

联想记忆
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
affiliation [ə.fili'eiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 加入,联盟,友好关系,附属

联想记忆
switch [switʃ]

想一想再看

n. 开关,转换,鞭子
v. 转换,改变,交换

 
contract ['kɔntrækt,kən'trækt]

想一想再看

n. 合同,契约,婚约,合约
v. 订合同,缩

联想记忆
poison ['pɔizn]

想一想再看

n. 毒药,败坏道德之事,毒害
vt. 毒害,

 
essence ['esns]

想一想再看

n. 本质,精髓,要素,香精

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。